Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Acadiana
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jan 2016, 1:56 pm

Is being a person who considers herself very (openly) honest and 'just', a sign of Aspergers?

For example, I often get myself in the muck in certain situations. As I tend to say (if in person) or write (if on FB, email, forums, etc.) what most others wouldn't or don't because they'd rather stick head in sand or not address it?

I'm proud of my honesty but it's kept many ppl from not accepting me, shunning me, getting angry at me...just curious.

Thanks.

AQ=38

RenaeK
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Jan 2016, 8:05 am

Yes it is a typical trait of being on the spectrum. Honestly, bluntness, saying exactly what you mean, expecting other people to say what they mean... all aspie things.

Acadiana
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jan 2016, 4:16 pm

Can some more ppl give input? Maybe my question is confusing?
Please?

AQ=38

solitarymonkey
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jan 2016, 7:10 pm

Yes. But also no. It can be. But on its own, it doesn't stand as a "trait" exactly, as it could be a part of a number of things. If anything.
I won't repeat what has already been said, but will leave an analogy.
If someone has a runny nose, that is a trait of having a cold. But without knowing more, it could be the flu, hayfever or even just because they have been out in the cold for a while and got a runny nose because of the weather, not because they are ill.
The same can be said about a swollen glands in the neck. I worried myself into thinking I may have had throat cancer (too much internet research). As it turned out, a somewhat routine blood test for an unrelated check showed signs of glandular fever. Much less life threatening.
So, although being honest "to a fault" could be an autistic trait, it could just be because you are not concerned with pretending things are something they are not.
I don't want to start throwing out medical stuff unnecessarily and cause concern where it isn't needed.
I'm tired and about to go to bed, so I apologise if I'm not being very clear. But I hope it helps you one way or another!
All the best :-)