Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

knowbody15
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Mar 2014, 4:33 pm

Whats up folks, been awhile. Probably because my social anxiety rears it's ugly head on web forums as well.....which is probably more reason we should be nice to each other and not troll, because we can inadvertently mess each other up.....

Anyway.....I've been watching Star trek NG with a lot of Data......at first I sthough people see me as Data....but that's not it. I think I see me as Data in how I compute information. He's logical like a robot, but there's life in him, both from his character, but also from the actor, regardless how he's written on the page, Brent Spiner brings his own life to data.

That's how I imagine I am on the inside.....the outside I have no idea.......

I thought I would share that, and use it as a segwey back into this site....been awhile........

El_presidente
Raven
Raven

05 Mar 2014, 3:44 am

Do you remember that episode where everyone on the ship was infected by something and Data had sexy time with Natasha Yar? Turns out he is anatomically correct!

PS You meant 'segue' back into the site. The way you spelled it was closer to that two wheeled scooter thingy. :P

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2014, 10:03 am

I wish I was Data. At least he was valued because he was an android.

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2014, 7:41 pm

I'm Spock's nephew. The way the Vulcans are described in Star Trek could not describe me better.

knowbody15
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Mar 2014, 2:48 am

Lol..... and I don't remember the Data episode where he sleeps with lieutenant yar, but I watched an episode the other night in season 2 where they referenced in.

wanderingdrive
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Mar 2014, 8:56 pm

I've been described as a Vulcan on more than one occasion. Then I went off the Paxil.

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 9:57 pm

knowbody15 wrote:
Lol..... and I don't remember the Data episode where he sleeps with lieutenant yar, but I watched an episode the other night in season 2 where they referenced in.

I just don't know. In some ways Data seemed "more human" than everyone else eventually. I think it's because everything was "so fresh" for him, so to speak. He was just more genuine than everyone else a lot of times, this whole thing of being human had more novelty to him because he actually had to work towards it.

Definitely my favorite Star Trek character, brilliantly written. Wonderful writing in particular, whenever him and Picard would go over famous plays and works of art in the simulation room, discussing the classics. Or when Data first started using his emotion chip. It really pissed me off when they killed him off in Nemesis. How could they do that to the best character? Why couldn't Picard or Wharf have died? It just had to be the best, most original character. Data reminded me of reading Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep (by Phillip K. Dick) and watching Bladerunner.

JakeDay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Mar 2014, 7:43 am

I like Data and Spock, even Barclay the holodeck engineer, but my favourite autistic Star Trek pin-up is Seven of Nine. Its the abrasive rudeness that gets me every time - so hot!!

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2014, 12:30 pm

Lukecash12 wrote:
It really pissed me off when they killed him off in Nemesis. How could they do that to the best character? Why couldn't Picard or Wharf have died? It just had to be the best, most original character.

1. Brent Spiner was getting old and makeup can only conceal so much aging.

2. They spent more than enough time focused on Data in movies and TV episodes. I suppose they figured his character was more "expendable."

FandomConnection
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 8:29 pm

I alternate between feeling like Data and like Spock (or Vulcans in general). I sometimes want to normally experience emotions and relationships (but am unable to do so, like Data initially). I really want to be normal and human (people, including and especially my parents often tell me that I am not human). However, I do not have the capabilities to deal with emotion, even that which is very weak. Even positive emotions cause me pain, and I become overwhelmed. Because of this, I then try to deny my emotions, to repress and minimise them. I attempt to be entirely logical and devoid of emotion (like Spock).

I alternate between these two states. I really like both Spock and Data (and Star Trek in general). I do try and live a life which is both logical and beneficial. :D

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 8:57 pm

Greetings, Fandom Connection.

I'm Q. :)

FandomConnection
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2016, 4:41 pm

Greetings and felicitations, Q. :D

randomeu
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2016, 1:58 pm

I like data, he explains all sorts of concepts in the most informative and simple ways that are also almost poetic.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 174 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Officially diagnosed 30th june 2017

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2016, 2:06 pm

How much does a Seg Weigh?

I've dreamed in sequences such as Data speed reading computer screens.