Just moved/Just out of HS: Suggestions for making friends?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

GodsPuzzlePiece
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Aug 2016, 2:29 am

I just moved to a new state in the USA and I don't start college until spring. Despite my social awkwardness, I'm usually a pretty extroverted person so being trapped in the house and only going to work is going to drive me crazy. I was hoping for some suggestions about ways to go out and make new friends. I like anime, manga, games, movies, music, and I know how to play some trading card games like Magic the Gathering, Pokémon, etc. Any ideas? I've heard I should try places that do Friday Night Magic but I haven't found my cards in all the boxes yet.

Aspertastic424
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Aug 2016, 12:06 pm

GodsPuzzlePiece wrote:
I just moved to a new state in the USA and I don't start college until spring. Despite my social awkwardness, I'm usually a pretty extroverted person so being trapped in the house and only going to work is going to drive me crazy. I was hoping for some suggestions about ways to go out and make new friends. I like anime, manga, games, movies, music, and I know how to play some trading card games like Magic the Gathering, Pokémon, etc. Any ideas? I've heard I should try places that do Friday Night Magic but I haven't found my cards in all the boxes yet.

Do things like that. Find game stores and trading card games. Activities that you like and have a common interest in. That is important. Do not surf the web to ease your pain. Find other people instead! You are on to the right track!