Do you like going to the movie theater?

Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Butcher
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 May 2007, 6:44 am

I don't mond going to the movies and I enjoy going to the theatre on occasion. I prefer going to the movies when they're un-crowded (the 10am shows being a particular blessing when they're available).

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 12:47 pm

I like going to the theater a lot, every other month.
Last movie I saw was Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End
I also like seeing plays once in a while; saw Address Unknown back in April.

24 Jul 2007, 1:32 pm

May I suggest diapers in movies :)

Wait, is it hard finsing diapers in stores in Wales?

24 Jul 2007, 1:34 pm

I don't go to the movies very much because they cost money to see. Renting them is cheaper when they come to DVD so I wait. I hardly ever go.

tcorrielus
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2007, 11:58 am

Jennifer_Caroline wrote:
I hate the way I always need to use the Toilet right at crucial parts of the Film. That really annoys me. I just wish that I could pause the Film, when that happens.

Oh yeah....I was just like this too when I was watching the 2nd half of Transformers at the cinema.

Izaak
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2007, 7:13 pm

I love the cinemas... I usually go it alone though. And I always end up needing to go to the toilet, but I try and hold it in... worst experience ever was Two Towers and a "supersize" coke that was a litre and a half. In the end I just had to leave the cinema for a bit... 8O

I don't really mind it that much, but it always amazes me how many scattered comments of "OMG, that guys going to the movies alone!" you can hear in a cinema. Personally I don't much like going to the movies with people... you have to sit right next to them... at least when you're alone NT's try to keep away from you incase they catch some "person who watches movies alone disease"... And even after all that, there are usually about 10 20 people in a showing that are there alone, so it isn't like its that rare... Though it's pretty funny seeing all these people that go alone, then sit towards the back, and then make sure they leave AS the credits are about to roll... as if no one will notice them or see them or make fun of them... silly NT's.

Though, as an aside (as if I haven't rambled enough already) I had my most social experience ever at a cinema I went to by myself. It was the morning after the midnight screening of Star Wars 3 (revenge of the sith [check out my web page for details]) and I was one of only two people to go to the early screening the next day (read: 9am) and there was another guy there who looked pretty peakey. Turns out he was at the midnight screening the night before and we just talked about star wars and the screening and costuming and where we get our lightsabers from... then we saw the flick (on other sides of the theatre), and then afterwards we got back together and had lunch and talked geek again for another hour... then went our seperate ways... I felt all NT and stuff...

ping-machine
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2007, 2:31 am

I like going to the cinema. (Although nowadays the volume does seem quite loud at times, which might just chase me away.)

I don't like going with other people, though. Usually I sit up the front because hardly anyone else ever sits in the same row as me.

SusyQ
Raven
Raven

10 Aug 2007, 10:13 pm

I hate going to the movies. It's dark, and the atmosphere makes me feel dirty. The worst part is that I feel like I've wasted the time. Besides, why spend my limited income on going to see the movies when I can borrow a movie for free from the library?
Oh, yeah, and if I'm spending time with someone, I would much rather do an activity such as hiking or going to a museum so we can fellowship together-kind of hard to do that watching a movie in a theater!

byrlawson
Raven
Raven

11 Aug 2007, 1:18 pm

I would not go to see a movie alone. I did that a few times and always were disappointed about it. There is one exception, though: I have been in "Enigma" and it was great. But how many movies are made like that one?

But I go to see almost every new movie when I am asked by other people. We are a group of 4- 6 persons who goes to the movies together regularly. I would not like to miss that.

Bixbeiderbecke
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Aug 2007, 3:54 am

Nothing wrong with seein a movie alone.......that way you can leave whenever you want in case you don't like the movie.

nocturnalowl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Aug 2007, 2:50 am

I've been to a film a couple times by myself. It doesn't bother me much since I kind of filter out everyone I'm with anyways. I should still plan on going again myself. I could care less what others around me think.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 3:11 am

I love going to the movies! Typically my mom and I go early in the mornings (like the first showings). It's cheaper, less crowded, you get the best seats, and you don't have to wait in line for food! Tickets in the morning are only $4, too!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 8:34 pm

Lightning88 wrote:
I love going to the movies! Typically my mom and I go early in the mornings (like the first showings). It's cheaper, less crowded, you get the best seats, and you don't have to wait in line for food! Tickets in the morning are only $4, too!

I only paid $3.50 to go to the Simpsons Movie. However, my large Coke cost $4.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

nocturnalowl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Sep 2007, 2:45 pm

Have to pay a little more than some of you folks, but at least it isn't an arm and a leg like in the cities further away. But the prices are hiking though. All those city folks coming in. But then I moved from the metro myself.

Large sodas are a quarter more than mediums but at least it comes with a free refill and adding to the fact the size difference is huge. Same goes with the popcorn too, free refill on larges.

Deefor4
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Sep 2007, 3:00 pm

I like going to the cinema. I don't have to talk to whoever I'm with, and I can just snuggle down in my seat, develop "tunnel vision" so it's just me and the screen, and relax and enjoy the film.

nb411
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2007, 5:21 am

Not been in ages. I should do something about that.