Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 1:26 pm

I was once arguing with one of my friends and he said to me "if you argue or shout at a woman in public you might get punched by another man"

Do you think it's very sexist that men aren't allowed to express anger towards women without being punished?

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Mar 2017, 3:11 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Do you think it's very sexist that men aren't allowed to express anger towards women without being punished?

I do think it's sexist, sure. No one, be it either male or female, would run to save you from women who are trying to smash your teeth. Now, a huge crowd would come to tear you apart just for directing a couple good words to a woman unless you lower your tone and speak like a defenceless kid, which unfortunately would result ineffective and maybe invite the woman to humiliate you.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 3:50 pm

MagicKnight wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

I do think it's sexist, sure. No one, be it either male or female, would run to save you from women who are trying to smash your teeth. Now, a huge crowd would come to tear you apart just for directing a couple good words to a woman unless you lower your tone and speak like a defenceless kid, which unfortunately would result ineffective and maybe invite the woman to humiliate you.

But why has society been reduced to this? :evil:

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 5:24 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I was once arguing with one of my friends and he said to me "if you argue or shout at a woman in public you might get punched by another man"

It's sexist but it goes back to days when sexism was the norm and women were brainwashed into thinking they were the weaker gender or the males were the stronger gender. A lot of old people still carry this mentality and put it into young peoples minds so it's still quite prominent. Not even old people though, even in some cultures it's like this and there's tons of arguments about women being naturally weaker/fragile, blah blah.

So, it's like this in sexism - women are seen as weak/fragile and men have to protect them from other bad men, it's not true but that's why you'll likely get a smack if you do this kind of stuff in public to women cause a lot of people are still very sexist and think the woman won't be able to defend herself. :roll:

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 4:38 am

If you ask me, this is indeed sexist.
Then again, why would said woman not punch the man herself? equality works in both ways.

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Mar 2017, 7:55 am

izzeme wrote:
why would said woman not punch the man herself? equality works in both ways.

Exactly!

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 9:11 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Yes.

Not only is it sexist because it disadvantages men but it's also sexist against women because it implies that women are emotionally frail.

Don't blame this rule on women though, it's men who thought of it.

palmtoka
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Mar 2017, 3:26 am

It definitely is. That reminds me of a story that happened to myself. I was walking down stairways to wait for a subway around the area I live in, and I was by myself followed by a group of young females of 20s talking about something being nasty and there were two other males of 50s looking at me as if I was the one being nasty to the ladies. I wonder if the outcome would be the same if I were a female of 20.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Mar 2017, 3:48 am

Yes it is sexist

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 6:37 am

Why get into screaming matches with anybody---man or woman?

If somebody yells at me, I try to keep calm. But sometimes I do yell back.

I guess the above scenario is sexist---but why yell at her in the first place?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 6:53 am

Good point.