Do you think my former friend was rude to me?

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2017, 5:01 pm

When I was at the bar on Thursday night I was sitting at a table with my associates. These 2 girls who I knew from before came over to join us. I was sitting at the table being quiet and one of them asked me if they could have some of my alcohol. I said okay then she raised her voice at me saying "did you spike it?". That got me slightly flustered and then later on she said "are you alright you seem bored and not drunk." she was saying to my other friends that she liked them leaving me out which i thought was mean.

So the question is do you think she was rude to me?

The girl who was not very nice to me funnily enough i was friends with just a few years ago and i even had a dance with her on New Year's Eve 2015. However since I am unemployed I think she often sees me sitting around town doing nothing in the daytime.

aloofdeer
Raven
Raven

18 Apr 2017, 7:48 am

I don't understand her intentions when she asked for your drink but then asked if you had spiked it. That doesn't make much sense to me but reading the rest of your post it sounds like she had mean intentions towards you. I definitely think she was trying to be rude to you. She certainly wasn't trying to be nice.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 2:17 pm

Some people say she was just joking about the spiked drink but saying she liked all my other friends and leaving me out gives it away that she dislikes me.

On Saturday when I was at the bar I saw her whispering to one of of her friends while looking at me.

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2017, 3:37 pm

Honestly, that's actually very hard to tell just from your story alone. The spiked drink remark was probably a joke, indeed. I don't know about the rest. It could be that you are overthinking.

If you don't mind a suggestion, forget it. Don't think about that, don't call her, don't ask her what she meant. Been there wearing that shirt.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 4:15 pm

She sounds like a real ass. However, those seem to be the ones that attract the most people to them, so who the hell knows. Now that I don't drink, people who are drunk piss me off. As far as I'm concerned, nothing good happens at a bar.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 4:54 pm

nurseangela wrote:
She sounds like a real ass. However, those seem to be the ones that attract the most people to them, so who the hell knows. Now that I don't drink, people who are drunk piss me off. As far as I'm concerned, nothing good happens at a bar.

To be fair I do fancy the girls'friend' and have accidental glanced at her a few times. Maybe she didn't like the fact I eyed up her friend?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

18 Apr 2017, 5:05 pm

She does not sound like a friend at all, something like that would spoil the whole group for me.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 5:13 pm

Jacoby wrote:
She does not sound like a friend at all, something like that would spoil the whole group for me.

2 years ago at the same bar when I was just getting introduced to her she repeatedly high fived me.

What does it mean if a girl high fives you a lot?

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 5:23 pm

To me, it means they are too drunk and annoying. Do people even high-five each other anymore? It sure wouldn't be any romantic gesture.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 5:26 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

2 years ago at the same bar when I was just getting introduced to her ...

It's time to move on.
You can do better with your life.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 5:53 pm

[quote="nurseangela"]To me, it means they are too drunk and annoying. Do people even high-five each other anymore? It sure wouldn't be any romantic gesture.[/quote)

In my opinion it means they ain't into you sexually.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2017, 10:40 am

Yes, that was run and perhaps even awkward to the point that there was tension between you two.

How often do you see her?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2017, 10:49 am

Summer_Twilight wrote:
Yes, that was run and perhaps even awkward to the point that there was tension between you two.

How often do you see her?

I see her around town during the day more often than I see her out at bars.

I do mooch around town all day doing nothing so maybe that's why she is annoyed with me?

alpacka
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Apr 2017, 7:12 am

Jamesy wrote:
When I was at the bar on Thursday night I was sitting at a table with my associates. These 2 girls who I knew from before came over to join us. I was sitting at the table being quiet and one of them asked me if they could have some of my alcohol. I said okay then she raised her voice at me saying "did you spike it?". That got me slightly flustered and then later on she said "are you alright you seem bored and not drunk." she was saying to my other friends that she liked them leaving me out which i thought was mean.

The girl who was not very nice to me funnily enough i was friends with just a few years ago and i even had a dance with her on New Year's Eve 2015. However since I am unemployed I think she often sees me sitting around town doing nothing in the daytime.

Does she ever ask you any personal questions? Does she avoids you? Did she asked the spike question with a smile?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2017, 4:09 pm

alpacka wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Does she ever ask you any personal questions? Does she avoids you? Did she asked the spike question with a smile?

She asked the spike question with an aggressive look

alpacka
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Apr 2017, 4:27 pm

Jamesy wrote:
alpacka wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

She asked the spike question with an aggressive look

Well, there you are, sorry