Requesting feedback from WP moderators.

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 7:18 pm

It's a bit of a "head scratcher of sorts" as to why there has been very little feedback in the 'Social Skills & Making Friends Forum' discussion threads:

* Friendships W/People Receptive To Adults On Autism Spectrum.

* Anybody Feel The Holidays Offer Chances To "Break The Ice?"

From my own challenges with social skills, I sense many here on WP:

* Experience difficulties regarding "small talk" experiences/skills.

* Are not confident on potential acquaintances understanding of adults on the Autism Spectrum- who are largely independent.

* That the COVID Pandemic hindered efforts.

* Did something get lost in translation in............ the WP threads?

* Difficulties in taking the next challenging steps.

* All of the above.

Regardless, these discussion threads are ripe for further feedback - to "break the ice" to encourage that "ooomph of personal growth!"

I'm reminded of how those awesome creative writing instructors some of us had in school - who actually instilled lessons, and wisdom for a lifetime - that is, writing / keeping journals can......."break the ice."

Can this same wisdom please apply to the above mentioned WP discussion threads??

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 1:27 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
It's a bit of a "head scratcher of sorts" as to why there has been very little feedback in the 'Social Skills & Making Friends Forum' discussion threads:

* Friendships W/People Receptive To Adults On Autism Spectrum.

* Anybody Feel The Holidays Offer Chances To "Break The Ice?"

From my own challenges with social skills, I sense many here on WP:

* Experience difficulties regarding "small talk" experiences/skills.

* Are not confident on potential acquaintances understanding of adults on the Autism Spectrum- who are largely independent.

* That the COVID Pandemic hindered efforts.

* Did something get lost in translation in............ the WP threads?

* Difficulties in taking the next challenging steps.

* All of the above.

Regardless, these discussion threads are ripe for further feedback - to "break the ice" to encourage that "ooomph of personal growth!"

I'm reminded of how those awesome creative writing instructors some of us had in school - who actually instilled lessons, and wisdom for a lifetime - that is, writing / keeping journals can......."break the ice."

Can this same wisdom please apply to the above mentioned WP discussion threads??

Would Private Messaging (PM) be preferred to posting to this discussion thread?

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 2:06 pm

What does this have to do with moderators?

/Mats

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 2:32 pm

mohsart wrote:
What does this have to do with moderators?

/Mats

Clarification: Feedback from the administration of WP (not necessarily moderators) can be helpful.

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 2:39 pm

It seems like you're frustrated about not getting feedback on your posts.
Admins/mods cannot do much about that.
My guess is that the subjects aren't that interesting/not put in a way to seem interesting.
If you want to learn how to make interesting posts/posts people will respond to, I believe it's better to ask the members than the admins.

/Mats

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 3:21 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:

Would you like some feedback on this question from members more generally, not just moderators?

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 5:40 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
JustFoundHere wrote:

Would you like some feedback on this question from members more generally, not just moderators?

Yes.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 6:09 pm

Probably because WP is very quiet lately and this section is one of the unpopular ones that don't get visited often.

If you want people to reply to your posts, start a thread about Trump in the PPR section. You'll get about 50 posts per day.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 6:21 pm

Don't worry:

When I start a thread, I don't get too many responses, either.

I almost always respond to OTHER threads.

I don't feel that I'm not "interesting"----it's more like what threads I start aren't controversial.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2021, 1:54 pm

Actually the quieter, focused WP forums such as the 'Social Skills & making Friends' Forum might just be the best places to post issues needing sufficient time to encourage responses.

With the holiday season, has anybody got together with, or been in contact with people (non-WP members) who might be interested in this discussion thread?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2021, 1:03 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Don't worry:

I don't feel that I'm not "interesting"----it's more like what threads I start aren't controversial.

Yeah. It's a problem, isn't it? Sensible discussions aren't click-bait and as such, people don't bother.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2021, 3:30 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
Actually the quieter, focused WP forums such as the 'Social Skills & making Friends' Forum might just be the best places to post issues needing sufficient time to encourage responses.

With the holiday season, has anybody got together with, or been in contact with people (non-WP members) who might be interested in this discussion thread?

The discussion thread in the 'Social Skills & Making Friends' Forum 'Friendships W/People Receptive To Adults On Autism Spectrum.' has gained traction.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 5:02 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
JustFoundHere wrote:

Yes.
WP members (reading this thread) seem uncertain regarding feedback - hence the call for people (in additional to moderators) who are involved in the administration of WP might be able to offer perspectives.

New WP members might also offer perspectives.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 5:04 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
If you want people interested in what you post, then you must first post something interesting to people.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 5:15 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Don't worry:

In addition to my previous response to this post - I kind of feel the same in terms of my popularity. I sense that people read what I say, don't really like it and ignore me for the most part.

I don't get anyone private messaging me on this forum and even on social media, not many people add me.

I have resolved to extend my arms of friendship like a jack-in-the-box in terms of effort versus reward. If I didn't do that, I would be completely alone in the digital world.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 5:27 pm

It can be noted that adults on the Autism Spectrum who are largely independent are an overlooked constituency here on WP - hence one reason why discussions lack on issues concerning adults on the spectrum who are largely independent

Perhaps, the larger reason why discussions become lackluster, too much gets lost in translation in posting even well-thought out written content (well-thought out written content also piques the interests of a reasonable range of WP constituency).

If written content is unable to "break the ice" so to speak, lets reconsider video clips - that is video clips which might best pique interest towards taking those challenging steps to encourage social skills beyond small talk!

The discussion thread in the 'Social Skills and Making Friends' Forum 'Call For Video Clips To Encourage Social Skills!' goes into further details.