Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 8:01 am

They are easy to spot if you pay attention. They are the ones taking over any given area. Most of the other NTs are vying for his or her attention. I had one of those try to dominate an area I was working in. After a few days of it, I said, Miss X, I find you to be overbearing. Could you please back off a bit? The picture changed for the better. Sometimes you gotta surprise these little busy bodies by setting boundaries.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 6:11 pm

They try to own the space, that's for sure.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 7:03 pm

These women are megab&tches

The Musings Of The Lost
Toucan
Toucan

10 Jan 2018, 5:09 am

I know a girl sort of like this.
She is really popular and just about everyone likes her and does what she says.
BUT she is actually a really nice person too.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2018, 5:29 am

HistoryGal wrote:
These women are megab&tches

Perhaps the woman you were dealing with was a bi*tch...I will have to take your word for it, but I think one should be careful in their judgment of others as pertains to these things, because it's not uncommon for people to interpret very outgoing individuals through green tinted glasses, meaning, a lot of people harbor resentment at such individuals because, at some level, they want to be naturally outgoing and popular.

Most of my close friends are very social NTs and they typically mean no harm. They are just naturally very social people, and it's this fact that forged our friendship to begin with because I can't tell if someone wants to be friends with me unless they are persistent. To that end, my friends did must of the relationship forming.

I think it's also important to remember that NTs are not perfect either and sometimes people can come across as one thing but inside be another. I used to work with a girl who appeared very social and take charge but was shocked when she learned that this is how people viewed her, because she actually struggled with a lot of social anxiety and it turns out, she talked so much, and did so much busy work out of nervous habit.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2018, 6:05 pm

Chronos, I'm spot on accurate with these bees for women. Other social outgoing types are pleasant to be around. They are the ones that are kind to everyone rather than jockey for position.

I thought less experienced autistics would benefit from knowing what to look for. There are some really mean people out there.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2018, 11:17 pm

HistoryGal wrote:
Chronos, I'm spot on accurate with these bees for women. Other social outgoing types are pleasant to be around. They are the ones that are kind to everyone rather than jockey for position.

I thought less experienced autistics would benefit from knowing what to look for. There are some really mean people out there.

So people have a better idea of what characteristics to look for, is there a TV or movie character that fits the description of the type of woman you are thinking about?

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2018, 11:21 pm

Miranda Priestly (The Devil Wears Prada)

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2018, 12:01 am

Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
Miranda Priestly (The Devil Wears Prada)

That is a narcissist.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2018, 12:24 am

And how.

Most queen bees / alphas are narcissistic. If they weren't, they wouldn't be so obscenely competitive.

And "impression management", aka PR, is a common focus of the more sophisticated narcissist - they can appear to be quite nice, as long as you aren't in their way / don't have something they want / haven't seen through them.

In fact, that's a weapon in itself. Many people are at least mildly narcissistic, so if someone is nice to them, they consider the person to be universally nice. The idea that such niceness may be selective, or may even be a ploy, never occurs to them. Which allows the alpha to use her "fanbase" to discredit her victims quite neatly... "she can't possibly be mean to you, she's always nice to me!"

(Edit in: this is why the "Waitress Test" exists. Watch how the suspected narcissist / "alpha" treats those of lower perceived social status, or those in service jobs such as waiters and cashiers, or her subordinates, who have no recourse against abuse. If she's abusive to them, she's abusive period, no matter how nice she is to those she wants to impress.)

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2018, 6:16 am

Esmeralda gets it. These women are sneaky manipulators. I steer clear of them.