Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 9:16 pm

If your mum was cutting your hair.....yeah I can only imagine.

I get my share of bad haircuts from licensed hair professionals. Sad

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 9:31 pm

ladyelaine wrote:
Girls called me a ret*d because I talk weird. I also got called big hair, buck tooth beaver, ugly, gross, and weird. The girls were especially brutal.

It sucks that those girls were b*****s to you.

Thank you sweetheart.

Worst of it was that I was a head taller than everyone so never had a problem with boys and always stopped bullying myself. I couldn't use my stature against girls unfortunately. And even if I went to a teacher they would defend the girls or call me a weakling which was just astonishing to me. Those girls seemed to get away with everything.

Sorry you got treated like that. If I was at your school, I would have done something about it.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 9:35 pm

HistoryGal wrote:
If your mum was cutting your hair.....yeah I can only imagine.

I get my share of bad haircuts from licensed hair professionals. Sad

My mom wrecked my hair. Sometimes it's hard to find a good hair stylist.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 9:39 pm

LoneLoyalWolf wrote:
ladyelaine wrote:
Girls called me a ret*d because I talk weird. I also got called big hair, buck tooth beaver, ugly, gross, and weird. The girls were especially brutal.

It sucks that those girls were b*****s to you.

Thank you sweetheart.

Worst of it was that I was a head taller than everyone so never had a problem with boys and always stopped bullying myself. I couldn't use my stature against girls unfortunately. And even if I went to a teacher they would defend the girls or call me a weakling which was just astonishing to me. Those girls seemed to get away with everything.

Sorry you got treated like that. If I was at your school, I would have done something about it.

Teachers never did anything about my bullies. They talked to them but it never did any good. My first grade teacher made excuses for the bullies.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 9:39 pm

Moms screw up....that's what we do...and with best intentions....lol

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 9:49 pm

ladyelaine wrote:
Teachers never did anything about my bullies. They talked to them but it never did any good. My first grade teacher made excuses for the bullies.

My whole life has been full of people in power positions who misuse their power. It changes people, they can't handle it.

Just think back through your own life how people in power positions have acted. People who acted good when having true power are truly good people.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 9:57 pm

Lone wolf, your Robin Williams quotes are precious. I'm a fan of his.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 10:03 pm

LoneLoyalWolf wrote:
ladyelaine wrote:

My whole life has been full of people in power positions who misuse their power. It changes people, they can't handle it.

Just think back through your own life how people in power positions have acted. People who acted good when having true power are truly good people.

Truly good people are rare. Most people really let their true colors show when they get in positions of power.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 10:12 pm

HistoryGal wrote:
Lone wolf, your Robin Williams quotes are precious. I'm a fan of his.

I love Robin Williams too. He is my favorite actor and comedian of all time.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 10:30 pm

ladyelaine wrote:
I see a lot of mean girl behavior with the girls at the school I work at. I have seen it with girls as young as 4 years old. They create a lot of drama with each other. Sometimes the socially stronger girls will gang up on the socially weaker girls. They say mean stuff to each other. They boss each other around. Two of the girls told another girl that they were only pretending to be her friend. I'm tired of girl drama. My coworkers and I have spoken to the girls about their behavior and we have separated them as needed. I'm tired of the drama. Why can't everybody just get along and play nice? Why are girls so full of drama?

I think girls need more examples of leadership and co-operation among girls.

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 10:41 pm

Robin Williams was my childhood hero. May he be at peace in heaven.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 10:48 pm

Haven't girls always been that way? My wife was in grade school 40 years ago and told me stories about utterly nasty girls who played total mind games on my wife. Being chummy with her one day and shunning her for no reason the next. Repeat and repeat and repeat.

There seems to be a ring leader that directs the other girls in the mean behavior. We saw the same thing in our boy's school. The boys all got along, but one horribly nasty girl playing girls against each other.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2018, 8:40 am

ladyelaine wrote:
HistoryGal wrote:
And they turn into nasty adults

There are so many nasty adults out there. My mean classmates from school are mean adults now.

Some people just never grow out of being mean girls but become mean women but they do things in much more subtle ways that are petty and immature.
1. Use backhanded compliments
2. They can isolate you from other people by trying to drive a wedge between you and them on purpose.
3. They can also destroy you through gossip
4. Block you on social media
5. Exclude you by inviting everyone but you to a gathering
6. Talk about their plans with other people in front of you loud enough so you can hear it
7. Invite you to be friends with them on social media so they can show you all their pictures of everyone having a good time but you
8. Rub it in your face that they have something that you wanted and do whatever they can to make you jealous
9. Look at you and whisper into the ear of the other person
10. Find ways to push your buttons on purpose so you lose so they can ruin your repuation. "Look what they did to me."

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2018, 8:42 am

Summer_Twilight wrote:
Some people just never grow out of being mean girls but become mean women but they do things in much more subtle ways that are petty and immature.
2. They can isolate you from other people by trying to drive a wedge between you and them on purpose.
6. Talk about their plans with other people in front of you loud enough so you can hear it
7. Invite you to be friends with them on social media so they can show you all their pictures of everyone having a good time but you
8. Rub it in your face that they have something that you wanted and do whatever they can to make you jealous
10. Find ways to push your buttons on purpose so you lose so they can ruin your repuation. "Look what they did to me."

What do the adult women do that's so different from this?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2018, 8:47 am

Fnord wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:

What do the adult women do that's so different from this?

The difference is that young girls have no filter yet while older ones know how to use more passive aggression to be mean in other sneaky ways.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2018, 8:51 am

That's why I don't get involved anymore in my church. I saw the mean women behavior and withdrew from any activities outside of the congregational worship.