does anyone else get extremely upset if they lose a friend?

Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

SmoresCat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Feb 2019, 4:56 am

i just lost 3 like 12 hours ago, and i still find myself crying off and on about it.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2019, 3:01 pm

A bit annoyed. Usually they dump me. Ghost on Facebook.

But usually I regret failure to set boundaries and I should have dumped them first

But I did not want to have zero friends

Because I only had one friend, one lil dipshit had the monopoly

But sometimes it is better to have zero friends, than to have Amy Lee b***h :roll: or whatever

Even idiots that dumped me seven years ago, Amy lee b***h. Still I have not gotten over

Analyze the situation and look for the moral

But there might not be a moral and if there were, it might not apply to any other situation

Gave up on friends a long time ago

Cost benefit analysis

The Best case scenario is, whooptie do

The worst case is is, subject to imagination

f**k mister redelings :skull:

Donald Morton
Toucan
Toucan

25 Feb 2019, 3:13 pm

I used to feel broken, exhausted, and cried a river after loosing someone, but so many of my close friends and relatives past on in a relatively short time period that I have become numb to the loss.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2019, 3:17 pm

It's hard to enjoy it while it lasts

Without anxious attachment style

Not avoidant attachment style either

Just secure attachment

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2019, 1:43 am

if i lose a friend, i will totally be devastated. if i lose a casual contact (such as, "friend" in some social platform i never knew much of), i will either recover fast, or wont need to recover.
also hey don, we are missing u!

endersdragon34
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Mar 2019, 1:46 am

Lately I have been spending hours trying to find some old online YIM/AIM friends... does that answer your question?

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2019, 11:26 am

Donald Morton wrote:
I used to feel broken, exhausted, and cried a river after loosing someone, but so many of my close friends and relatives past on in a relatively short time period that I have become numb to the loss.

This has been my experience, although my loss was (mostly) not death. I lost so many friends during my teenage years (not in death) that I stopped trying to make friends. I do have 3 close friends still. But I'd only be that devastated again if something happened to my best friend.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2019, 1:35 pm

I've only ever had one or two close friends at a time, so of course I'm devastated when I lose one - it usually means I no longer have a close relationship with anyone. I've been fortunate enough to have almost all of my lost friendships having just sort of faded, and I don't realize it's probably over until I realize it's been several months without contact (most of my friendships have been long-distance), which is probably not as hard as having some sort of interaction that makes it clear that the friendship is over. But just a couple days ago, I was really missing some friends that I haven't had any contact with in a year to a decade (for different people).

It seems perfectly normal to me to still be devastated only twelve hours after losing any friends - in fact, I would say that anyone who wasn't still upset at that point probably wasn't actually friends with that person/people after all, more like "friendly acquaintances" rather than true friends, at least on that person's side of things. If you are still very upset about it, that shows that you truly do care about those people and truly did value their friendship.

I would also like to send big dragon hugs to everyone in this thread. Losing friends is never easy for anyone.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2019, 3:04 pm

That reminds me, I read that when friends break up, the natural grieving time is generally one month for every year you've been friends. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

grahambaster
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Mar 2019, 5:57 pm

Having a friend seems more upsetting in my case.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 8:30 am

SmoresCat wrote:
i just lost 3 like 12 hours ago, and i still find myself crying off and on about it.

Yes, because to those of us who are on the spectrum, they are special treats because they don't just easy for us. That said, the losses have come with being upset in different forms.

1. When my childhood friend lost her interest in me after meeting her first boyfriend along with started hanging out with these cool friends who she thought were "Better," while treating me like a piece of trash while just wanted to use me for things. My emotions came in stages

A. Sadness when she ignored me in front of her boyfriend
B. I later became angry because she never had time to talk to me. At one point, I responded inappropriately where I would call her up and do a crank call. Other times, I called her up and yelled at her on her answering machine.
C. It turns out that I stuffed in that anger for years which started coming out in 2011.

2. The second was an adult "Friend" who was extremely jealous of me for a number of reasons and was always competing with me. She was also two-faced and stabbed me in the back on a number of occasions and pulled lots of other weird stunts. I was rejected by her out of the blue one week after she had me over at her home for dinner on Christmas in 2013 and in the middle of last period of unemployment. We met once 4 years ago and it came out that she was just using me out of "Loneliness" and because her self esteem was so low, she lied to me about all of her interests. She also blamed me for the relationship being "So toxic" because I would get mad at her and accuse her of things that were "Not true." During that talk, she said some things that were very mean.

"My husband doesn't approve of you and he didn't want me to meet you, but he approves of your other best friends and another best friend of mine. In fact, my best friend and did a movie together. You're a good person though don't cry. "

A. At the last meeting and a few days later, I cried about it for a few days
B. For the last few years, my anger has been coming in waves since that last meeting because it really haunts me that she would hide behind her husband. Sometimes that anger is so bad that I have called her our periodically about our meeting. I have also said some not nice things to her as well.
C. While I have my days where I am angry, I get through each cycle by pulling something up new along with finally accepting that she's a phony person who is a selfish jerk.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 8:41 am

SmoresCat wrote:
Does anyone else get extremely upset if they lose a friend?
Yes. Whether by death or betrayal, the feeling is the same.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 8:53 am

much different to me. death gives sorrow, mourning and emptyness that cannot be filled. betrayal gives cold rage and excruciating pain. and then there is "by mutual meltdown".

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 9:12 am

Serpentari

Likewise

Everyone is going to drop dead

If the friend got murdered, that is one thing. But if it's disease, as cause of death that's different

Betrayal. They are still alive and might be gossipping about you. Amy Lee scheel b***h and Caroline Martinez acted like every thought and emotion that went through their heads was the latest greatest scientific invention

They have a lot of friends

And I only had them

Singular

They don't realize what they did wrong

Not only that, but they act like they have never done anything wrong before in their lives

So it must be my fault

According to them (plural)

But it is my fault, but not for that reason

It is my fault, because I trusted them in the first place

Do not need friends

Contrary to what Maslow's hierarchy

For a long time I did not have friends

And I have not dropped dead thus far

Maybe tomorrow

But I am already 36 and that is old

Besides, $$$ will run out and I might be homeless

No job

No friends

Not going to commit suicide

Fear of injury from failure

Medical bills

But there is nothing to live for positively

Subject to imagination

So what?

For a long time I have completely given up on friends

Mister redelings looked too good to be true

Then he had the nerve to tell me that it is "lying" for me to ask him to call me "he" instead of "she"

San Diego 2006

Equal employment opportunity commission 2012 gender identity

Homophobia

If he was my boss, it would have been "discrimination "

When that skinny smart handsome cisgender neurotypical white man thought he was correct, it was like :skull: incite a riot :roll: . "Off with her head :!: :x

The penis acted like I invented "lying" and he had never done anything wrong before in his life

It was not just that I was exaggerating, mistaken, joking, speaking figuretively, disagree

It was like the penis acted like he truly believed that he had never done anything wrong before

Not even an email apology

Unless court mandated

s**t there is no way to repair, fix, make up for mister redelings

Idiots keep missing the point

They act like it is a personal favor to :

:mrgreen: call you by your "boys name"

:mrgreen: say "angry" instead of "mad" (psychotherapist)

:skull: "put Fido in the car (leash Law)

So I don't know, what ass holes reject about me now, that there will be laws about ten years later

Because I am not precognitive or a politician

:roll:

f**k ozben felek, mister redelings, and

Jeanne Courtney

Mister redelings is a penis :mrgreen:

Homophobic

Transphobic

"Discrimination"

:D

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 9:24 am

ya and is it really paranoia or is somebody after me

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 9:34 am

serpentari wrote:
much different to me. death gives sorrow, mourning and emptyness that cannot be filled. betrayal gives cold rage and excruciating pain. and then there is "by mutual meltdown".

I have learned that the loss of friendship takes a long time to work through and especially when a relationship was toxic along with the loss. By the way, both of the relationships were toxic but after years of anger with my childhood friend, I finally let her go. I am sure that I will let go of the other friend and accept it that I am better of without her because she was not worth it either. The main thing is to forgive both of them.