[ Minor Rant ] I'm ignoring you! Deal with it!

Page 3 of 6 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 12:30 pm

Fnord wrote:
cberg wrote:
Fnord, we have to clarify whenever we're ignoring you because you write these things as if your life makes more sense than everyone else's.
Well, it DOES! To me, anyway.
cberg wrote:
I'm ignoring this now ...
By replying to it?
cberg wrote:
... because it's clear you're just whining.
Yup! That's what I'm doing! Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng!
cberg wrote:
Someone should lock this thread for talking behind people's backs.
It's not behind anyone's back. It's right out here in the open forum, where anybody can read it!

OK sure but this is exclusory towards those of us who aren't commiserating about how much more sensible we are.

I guess you could always try saying all this to people's faces, but I doubt your resolve about whatever you're saying.

It's bothersome that you act superior to people who you think are acting superior to you. It's a theory of mind problem & it's yours, OP. Check the diagnosis you regard so scientifically. This is a full form rant about many of us, it's not minor just because Fnord said it.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 12:37 pm

Most people do not think for themselves. They rely upon the herd to dictate their lives.
But you on the other hand have learned to stand on your own two feet. You think for yourself.
Therefore from their perspective "Fnord is simply not worth my time". They are unable to make you change your mind and make you follow the herd and probably they are incapable of explaining to you in a very logical manner why you should change your course.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

26 Apr 2019, 12:44 pm

jimmy m wrote:
Most people do not think for themselves. They rely upon the herd to dictate their lives.
But you on the other hand have learned to stand on your own two feet. You think for yourself.
Therefore from their perspective "Fnord is simply not worth my time". They are unable to make you change your mind and make you follow the herd and probably they are incapable of explaining to you in a very logical manner why you should change your course.

I believe "Fnord is simply not worth my time" would be actually a healthy response by someone who doesn't like him.
Followed by not bothering any more and enjoying one's time.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 12:55 pm

magz wrote:
jimmy m wrote:
Most people do not think for themselves. They rely upon the herd to dictate their lives. But you on the other hand have learned to stand on your own two feet. You think for yourself. Therefore from their perspective "Fnord is simply not worth my time". They are unable to make you change your mind and make you follow the herd and probably they are incapable of explaining to you in a very logical manner why you should change your course.
I believe "Fnord is simply not worth my time" would be actually a healthy response by someone who doesn't like him. Followed by not bothering any more and enjoying one's time.
Why waste all that effort? The better idea would be to simply stop bothering Fnord and be done with it! No need to tell him; he's smart enough to get the idea all by himself.

So if you want to ignore someone, just ignore them; and if you want to leave someone, then just leave.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 1:04 pm

I don't see it as wasted effort if you manage to start respecting people you don't know.

I'm not optimistic about that today.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 1:05 pm

cberg wrote:
I don't see it as wasted effort if you manage to start respecting people you don't know...
Why bother?
cberg wrote:
I'm not optimistic about that today.
That's a good place to start.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 1:07 pm

cberg wrote:
The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
cberg wrote:
I'm here to say I'm ignoring your BS, period.

Irony alert!

No, I'm just tired of Fnord being disrespectful & I think it's hypocritical. I see nothing ironic about standing up & saying something when people fail to behave themselves. This is a guy who is constantly telling us to shape up & he talks to me like a 6 year old.

The irony is that he made a post asking why somebody would tell him they were going to ignore him rather than just doing it and you made a post telling him you were going to ignore him. At first I thought you must have been being sarcastic

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 1:09 pm

I'm just clarifying what elicited those responses.

I feel like I'm parenting my parents here.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 1:12 pm

cberg wrote:
... I feel like I'm parenting my parents here.
Why bother? You don't have to be in control here.

Heck, not even Alex is in complete control here!

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 1:18 pm

:shrug: I'm not asking for control, I'm asking for common decency; enough to stop looking down on the rest of us. I'll repeat myself since you're not really reading my posts - it's a theory of mind problem that you regard us this way because you don't know us.

It's a fairly common delusion that you're the only rational human being, except for those other five or so rational ones. The fact is that rational thinking is something that evolved with all of us. Either you can recognize that or you're just being impulsive.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

26 Apr 2019, 1:19 pm

Fnord wrote:
magz wrote:
I believe "Fnord is simply not worth my time" would be actually a healthy response by someone who doesn't like him. Followed by not bothering any more and enjoying one's time.
Why waste all that effort?

I meant thinking "Fnord is simply not worth my time" and then acting accordingly - by using one's time on something / someone worth it (not Fnord in this case).

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 1:24 pm

magz wrote:
Fnord wrote:
magz wrote:

I meant thinking "Fnord is simply not worth my time" and then acting accordingly - by using one's time on something / someone worth it (not Fnord in this case).

You're saying it's a waste of effort to hold a guy accountable for what he says?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

26 Apr 2019, 1:25 pm

cberg wrote:
magz wrote:
Fnord wrote:
magz wrote:

You're saying it's a waste of effort to hold a guy accountable for what he says?

What exactly did he say?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 1:31 pm

Quote:
Why would an overly-sensitive and contentious person who sees conflict in even the most benign of statements suddenly declare that they are ignoring you?

Because you don't think about what you say before you say it. It's not up to you how sensitive anyone should be. People are repeatedly stating their ignorance towards you because you visibly disapprove of many people.

In some ways, when we say we're ignoring you we're trying to help. Being called out for being rude is normal.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

26 Apr 2019, 1:38 pm

cberg wrote:
Quote:
Why would an overly-sensitive and contentious person who sees conflict in even the most benign of statements suddenly declare that they are ignoring you?

Because you don't think about what you say before you say it. It's not up to you how sensitive anyone should be. People are repeatedly stating their ignorance towards you because you visibly disapprove of many people.

In some ways, when we say we're ignoring you we're trying to help. Being called out for being rude is normal.

Okay, if I understand you correctly, you state that a declaration of ignoring someone is meant to inform them they have hurt your feelings. Am I right?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 1:43 pm

I'm just an autistic talking hand on the internet, I have zero feelings where Fnord is concerned. I have zero feelings where most people are concerned so when guys start talking down to others in such self-aggrandizing ways, I take notice & inform them of their mistakes.