[ Minor Rant ] I'm ignoring you! Deal with it!

Page 4 of 6 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

26 Apr 2019, 1:46 pm

cberg wrote:
I'm just an autistic talking hand on the internet, I have zero feelings where Fnord is concerned. I have zero feelings where most people are concerned so when guys start talking down to others in such self-aggrandizing ways, I take notice & inform them of their mistakes.

It does not explain the declaration of leaving followed by posting here for hours.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 1:48 pm

Actually it does, people leave to get some fresh air when someone like OP says a bunch of stuff diminishing us. Simple as that.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 1:48 pm

It seems like some people are taking this question much too personally.

cberg wrote:
:shrug: I'm not asking for control, I'm asking for common decency; enough to stop looking down on the rest of us. I'll repeat myself since you're not really reading my posts - it's a theory of mind problem that you regard us this way because you don't know us.

It's a fairly common delusion that you're the only rational human being, except for those other five or so rational ones. The fact is that rational thinking is something that evolved with all of us. Either you can recognize that or you're just being impulsive.

What Fnord began this thread was a very general question.
Quote:
It happens at work, at church, at the club, and even on-line. Yet when it happens, those people still talk to others about you (i.e., "Fnord is simply not worth my time"), and communicate with you through those others (i.e., "Tell Fnord that I'm still ignoring him.").

Sometimes, a person will shout "I'm leaving" or "I never want to see you again", stomp out of the room, and then take every opportunity to impose their presence on whomever they were allegedly departing from.

Now it doesn't seem like Fnord was directing this question to a particular person on this board, quite the contrary by his opening thread.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 1:51 pm

Well s**t Fnord I'm so sorry I never met your standards & never will. :lol:

You're ignoring the common denominator in Fnord's anecdotes, which is Fnord. If this behavior is everyone else's fault, please explain. :roll:

Every other post I see from Fnord is tearing somebody a new one. It's subtracting from the ability of WP users to help each other.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

26 Apr 2019, 1:56 pm

I can perfectly understand that one can dislike Fnord.
I can't understand why to use time and energy on hanging on a thread of someone one dislikes.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 2:00 pm

cberg wrote:
Well s**t Fnord I'm so sorry I never met your standards & never will. :lol:

You're ignoring the common denominator in Fnord's anecdotes, which is Fnord. If this behavior is everyone else's fault, please explain. :roll:

Every other post I see from Fnord is tearing somebody a new one. It's subtracting from the ability of WP users to help each other.

It's amazing to me that you would accuse Fnord of being rude and arrogant - maybe you should re-read what you posted in this thread.

An otherwise interesting thread that for reasons that you won't even explain, decided was about you.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 2:09 pm

Actually I knew because I was one of the people he mentioned. Fnord asked for an explanation & got plenty. You're making excuses for him because he's appealing to your sense of superiority. I never said I was any better; that was me being respectful.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

26 Apr 2019, 2:19 pm

You know, I still fail to see the explanation in your posts.
You explained why you don't like him and why people may feel hurt interacting with him.
But you didn't explain why you hang here after you declared ignoring this thread.
You didn't explain what you meant by these contradictory signals.
This was the original question.

Last edited by magz on 26 Apr 2019, 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 2:20 pm

cberg wrote:
Actually I knew because I was one of the people he mentioned. Fnord asked for an explanation & got plenty. You're making excuses for him because he's appealing to your sense of superiority. I never said I was any better; that was me being respectful.

Where did he mention you?

I'm not making excuses for anybody and I have no reason to insult Fnord in such a way.

"My sense of superiority" only exists in your own head.

You don't seem to actually read people's posts, but reply to whatever you imagine they're saying. I'm starting to wonder if you're not deliberately trying to provoke people here, since you keep attributing us thoughts, feelings and words that aren't actually ours.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

26 Apr 2019, 2:23 pm

Okay, I'm not going to post here any more this evening because I'm going to watch a movie :D

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 2:39 pm

cberg wrote:
Every other post I see from Fnord is tearing somebody a new one

Direct? Forthright? Not wrapping things in cotton wool? Exasperated, sometimes? A little abrasive in some people's eyes, even? Yes, I can see that. But belligerent or malicious? No, that's not Fnord.

cberg wrote:
Actually I knew because I was one of the people he mentioned

If there were some specific person(s) that Fnord had in mind, he was decent enough to preserve their anonymity and not draw other readers into a personal dispute. Enough people have responded to this thread in the general case, that even if a particular member was the catalyst for Fnord's thoughts, it is now a public discussion of generalities.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 2:50 pm

Yes, that is why I'm not sugarcoating my criticism.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 6:33 pm

magz wrote:
... you didn't explain why you hang here after you declared ignoring this thread...
This.

It puzzles me too. It’s the kind of behavior — displayed by many people on-line and in real life — that inspired me to start this thread. They say they are not going to speak to me anymore, and then they keep on speaking to me.

:scratch: What’s up with that?

Note that I am addressing the behavior, which is display by many people, and not just any one person.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 6:59 pm

You just got your answer, now you're choosing to ignore it. That's disappointing.

You lack theory of mind & it reflects poorly on you when people don't have the energy to put up with your inconsiderate style. You also continue to challenge people who don't wish to interact with you, dragging them back into your narrative.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Apr 2019, 3:39 am

I disagree with an opinion that this behavior is all about the person at which it is directed.
I have observed it in totally different circumstances, directed towards totally different people (not even me). The common denominator seems to be offence.
Lack of mind theory explains one can be much more likely to unintentionally offend others. However, it does not explain this particular reaction to perceived offence - this is on the offended one's side.
Therefore, I stick to my original explanation.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2019, 12:31 pm

Well as long as we're just here to ascribe blame, it's all our fault. All hail dear leader Fnord.