I want to play video games with others...

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

warrier120
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2019, 9:24 pm

Sorry if I don't know where to put this. I just decided it would be a good idea mentioning this since it has been on my mind lately.

Seeing kids at my school playing on their Nintendo Switch consoles during class seems to have set something off in me. I usually watch them, but watching them seems to trigger certain thoughts. Since I usually see students playing the Nintendo Switch with others and not by themselves, I symbolically associate the Nintendo Switch, and to a lesser extent video games in general, with being social.

I personally see video games as a great opportunity for socializing with others. I used to play video games with others, but now I'm all alone since I don't even have a Nintendo Switch and that's all I see kids with nowadays. I actually plan on receiving a Nintendo Switch for my birthday, which is coming relatively soon.

Good reason: I want it for my own pleasure and entertainment

Real reason: I want it so that I can play with others (something that probably won't happen, unfortunately, given that people don't seem to like me that much :()

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2019, 12:05 pm

I would first get the Nintendo Switch and see what games I want to play before actually trying to socialize with it. I felt that too when PS3 and PS4 came out but I realized that the games people were playing I wasn't interested in(PS3 Call of Duty, PS4 Fortnite)

It is hard playing games by yourself, I did it for a long time and it hurts at times but it won't do you any good if you buy the switch and hate the games that everyone else is playing. For switch I think the game you would mostly see is Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

warrier120
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 10:37 pm

Unfortunately, my interests are quite limited, and I will only buy 1 or 2 games in an effort to save money. I have virtually no interest in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, but I do like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and other reboots.

warrier120
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2019, 7:47 pm

Recently ordered a Nintendo Switch case and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Birthday is a week away. No stopping me now.