Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 12:39 pm

At work, there is another colleague of mine who I seemed to really hit it off with when she first was hired as a member of the team. We even had coffee a few times and seem to get along. Prior to meeting other people at work, she expressed to me that she was afraid that no one would like her. Then she started making friends with other people at work and just stopped talking to me less and less. There were even times where she does talk to me but is often abrupt with me about how she is "Well I am going to go over here now, bye." I found out through the grapevine that she moved to another part of town and didn't even bother telling me. Lately, whenever anyone talks to me or about me in a positive light, she seems to get really pouty.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

13 May 2019, 9:51 pm

It seems she found/made friends that she likes much better than you for some reason. There could be lots of reasons as to why & some of them have to do with her instead of you. It seems your no longer part of her inner circle of friends & thus out of the loop.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2019, 8:59 am

When I met her she acted like she wanted to be office besties and talked about me like I was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

She often gets jealous when any of her friends and other colleagues talk to me period.

Dan82
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 May 2019, 1:02 am

I definitely don't know that this is it, but her behavior would make sense if you did something other people really don't like that she found out about.

Completely off the top of my head, like if you got a promotion that other people wanted and thought they deserved more than you, for example. Like, in my completely hypothetical (at this point) view of the situation, this thing would've happened, and then other people started typically avoiding you, then this new lady wanted to be your friend because why not? and then she was talking with other people and they said this bad thing you did, so she knew not to talk to you like the rest of them, which is why she reacts negatively when they do talk to you: they're breaking the rule they told her to follow.

Does anything like that sound possible?

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2019, 6:43 pm

I think it's just her right now because no one else pouts if they see others talking to me and having a nice time. If she sees them talking to me, she gets mad. No,I have not had any promotions and have not done anything that would be taboo in the workplace to make her get turned off.

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2019, 10:36 pm

Maybe she's narcissistic. A lot of people like that can act really friendly and then suddenly discard the other person. Sometimes they will even start harassing the other person and try to isolate them from other people. If she gets upset when other people talk to you then maybe she sees you as competition.

treefiddy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 May 2019, 7:38 am

Summer_Twilight wrote:
When I met her she acted like she wanted to be office besties and talked about me like I was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

She often gets jealous when any of her friends and other colleagues talk to me period.

Sounds like she definitely has issues you aren't aware of. She thought you were the best thing and now is acting like you slapped her mother seemingly for no reason at all. That kind of behaviour is too extreme for a mentally healthy person to exhibit.
I also agree with slw1990 - I've has a similar experience with a narcissist - she wanted to be bffs at first and then suddenly started plotting against me for a reason that's too stupid to even bother explaining.
Bottom line is - I think this is her problem and you should try to not let it get you down. And if you did do something to upset her then she should have told you instead of acting like a child about it. Either way, this is on her.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 5:40 pm

Thank you everyone, when we first started associating, I had invited her to one of the baby showers only to be told that she was scared that anyone would like her or not.