is losing friends, growing, drifting apart from them normal?

Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 4:53 am

I've tried rekindling friendship with my siblings but unfortunately as much time/water passes under the bridge, it becomes more difficult. We seem to be changing too much.

If keeping connected to blood is so challenging how the heck can we have expectations that friends won't drift apart?

slam
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Jan 2020, 10:04 am

I can totally relate with this, from the people to whom I regularly spoke in school and in the university only a few remain as friends with whom I still talk once a month or so.

The fact that we have different interests also doesn't help, most of the time I prefer speaking with people I know from facebook about politics (one of my major interests).

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2020, 1:32 pm

Yes most of my friends and i drifted apart. I don't think they ever feel the pain i did because of this. When someone enters my life i tend to see them as an Angel that is taking interest even in me. So when they go i go back to being a worthless person. I'm trying to not put so much value on other people.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2020, 2:47 pm

:heart:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2020, 3:58 pm

Had my brother not ripped off the business of the parents of one of the most popular people in my high school class, I might still have one or two friends from high school. Had the other brother not knocked up the daughter of one of the most influential businessmen in town, I might still have friends from the old neighborhood. Had they both not dealt drugs all over the county, I might still be living in my home-state.

Someone call whine-1-1 and get a waaaaambulance for me, okay?

:wink: No worries, actually ...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2020, 8:52 pm

you could say I envy people who have been able to retain childhood friendships into adulthood

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2020, 10:53 pm

WantToHaveALife wrote:
you could say I envy people who have been able to retain childhood friendships into adulthood

I found my fondest memories were of childhood friends from kinder and early primary school. By about mid-late primary kids turn evil :twisted:

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2020, 1:26 am

I feel my former friend just became a different person after his Dad passed away in 2003