Asperger’s guys who want male friends but not female friends

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mapofsteel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jul 2019, 5:38 pm

I wanted to know how many other straight cisgender guys besides me there are on the spectrum who only want other straight cisgender guys as their friends?

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 5:31 am

Why do some people only want same gender friends? Can someone explain?

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 5:42 am

No, I enjoy having women friends. Non-"straight cisgender guys" too.

RunLoganRun
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Jul 2019, 11:14 am

I much prefer female friends. For me, I think it's the more casual/relaxed interactions, most male friends make me feel more competitive, and like I have to be 'on' all the time; which can be draining, and not what I want out of a situation that's already mentally taxing. Plus it can be tough to engage when I have waaay less in common with most of them than I do with girl friends. That said some of my best friends are male, but they're the ones I have the same interests as.

Maybe you're just seeking the social situations that make you feel most comfortable? For example, your sexuality may be raking up emotions that don't suit platonic relationships.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 11:30 am

Quite frankly, if you don't have women as friends, it's much more difficult to find a suitable woman as your life partner.

Having women as friends helps you understand women.

Just like women having men as friends helps them understand men better.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 1:01 am

Unless you rap or like cars, if you're male I'm probably not that interested in forming a close relationship with you. I can't conceive of not wanting to have women in my life, and not just as a partner, but merely as friends and people to talk to.

It would make a lot more sense for an exclusively gay man to prefer only male companionship, but as a straight guy it's inconceivable.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2019, 9:47 pm

I want to be friends with people of all genders and orientations.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

15 Jul 2019, 6:59 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I want to be friends with people of all genders and orientations.
I wouldn't exactly say I want to make friends cuz for the most part I'm happy not having friends thou I am open to friendship. I'm just not gonna make the 1st move or seek it out. I try not to judge people by their gender & orientation & instead judge them by how they treat me.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Mapofsteel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Dec 2019, 5:25 pm

Fireblossom wrote:

Well, to name one reason, girls and women have monthly menstrual periods that cause changes in their mood, feelings, and personalities, and they can’t even be open about them with their male friends. So boys and men never know when there could be a girl on her period and we have to walk on eggshells because of this causing issues and us having no way to tell.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2019, 8:43 pm

Mapofsteel wrote:
Fireblossom wrote:

Well, to name one reason, girls and women have monthly menstrual periods that cause changes in their mood, feelings, and personalities, and they can’t even be open about them with their male friends. So boys and men never know when there could be a girl on her period and we have to walk on eggshells because of this causing issues and us having no way to tell.

Generally speaking this hasn't ever been a concern in my experience. Like, that's not to say that PMS doesn't exist, but you make it sound like you can't interact with them and that they're completely unaware of how it impacts them. Unless you're going into eighth grade, the person you're interacting with is already pretty familiar with how their body works and how this impacts their mindset.

It sounds more like you're basing this on reading a list of hypothetical reasons than on actual real life interaction. :?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2019, 8:50 pm

Men have bad moods from time-to-time, too. Why do you seem to think that that human experience is limited to menstrual cycles?

Perhaps if you want to know if a female friend is on her period she should know what all is going on with you hormonally and biologically. If we’re going to stick with the precedent of stereotyping, the male sex drive can cause a whole host of problems. Perhaps if we knew the details of your sex drive at the moment (if you’re sexually frustrated, turned on and hiding it, etc.) we could better understand your behavior.

There’s been at least one guy in my life who I’ve had to walk on eggshells around, but that’s another story.

Anyway, it’s not like we’re a different species. Since we make up roughly half of the population, it’d be to your benefit to learn how to interact with us and not view each member of our gender as a ticking time bomb. Not cool.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2019, 5:24 am

Mapofsteel wrote:
Fireblossom wrote:

Eer no, that's not how it works, not in general. Yes, some women are affected that way, but not all. Some get terrible physical pains during their period, but it doesn't affect them mentally. Some don't have any differences aside from having to go to the bathroom more often.

Besides, with that logic you could never get in to a relationship with a woman either.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2019, 10:32 am

One might as well adopt a positive view of the hormonal and biological process because, after all, you wouldn’t be here without it.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2019, 10:42 am

Mapofsteel wrote:
Fireblossom wrote:
The password is 'Misogyny'.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2019, 10:55 am

Fnord wrote:
Mapofsteel wrote:
Fireblossom wrote:

It’s a very useful concept. That way when you’re wrong and a woman lets you know about it you can blame it on her monthly cycle. Thus, you are never wrong!

The current President has been known to adopt this line of reasoning.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2019, 11:01 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Mapofsteel wrote:
Fireblossom wrote:
It’s a very useful concept. That way when you're wrong and a woman lets you know about it you can blame it on her monthly cycle. Thus, you are never wrong! The current President has been known to adopt this line of reasoning.
[sarcasm=mine]

But of course! Since men do not have a monthly reproductive cycle, that means we can never be wrong!! And when we are right (which is always), it's because we thought of it first!

[/sarcasm]

:roll: No, I don't believe it either...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.