Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ThunderWolf
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Dec 2019, 9:48 am

Hi all,

I have already tried posting in the main board to introduce myself, but haven't gotten much of the reception I was hoping for. I am experiencing a really hard time in my life with little to no support, and no friends to rely on. Much of the details are too personal to discuss publicly (or maybe not; I am new here and don't know what to expect), and I'm just looking for a place where I can feel welcome.
I am 33(M) and live in Texas. My interests are; PC gaming, tabletop gaming (such as D&D), and art. I would prefer to meet some people near my location, but online gaming does have its advantages of having no borders. I like to communicate via Steam chat or Discord, if there's potential interest. The kind of games I play vary, but I was looking forward to playing Halo MCC with someone now that it's on PC.
So, feel free to say hello, send words of encouragement, or you can send me a PM if there's a match in interests and/or location.

Thanks to all for taking the time to read.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2019, 10:28 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2019, 1:17 pm

I wonder if you are being too restrictive.

PC Gaming: I tend to avoid PC gaming because of two reasons.
1. My internet connection is very slow and as a result, I avoid any on-line games. Otherwise other players can run rings around me. An unfair advantage.
2. My PC has been infected in the past with games that contained viruses. The viruses damaged not only the game but also all my work resident on the PC.
So I primarily stick with game consoles such as PS4.

TableTop gaming: I did this 40 years ago and was quite good at it but then I gave that up and moved onto other things.

Art: Not very good at producing art.

Location: I live 1000 miles from you. Fifty years ago I lived in Dallas, Texas.

So off hand I would say we are not a good match. Unless you wish some help or advice in resolving some of your personal problems.

ThunderWolf
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Dec 2019, 1:41 pm

jimmy m wrote:
I wonder if you are being too restrictive.

Thank you for the response.
The thing is, I tried a long-distance friendship, and they were like a brother to me until things changed. Schedules conflicted, tensions began to rise, and we've drifted apart ever since. I have severe social anxiety as a result from it along with many other sources, so I'm just being (perhaps overly) cautious.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2019, 3:10 pm

Being cautious is a good approach just so long as it doesn't slide into paranoia.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2019, 10:33 pm

If you want to meet people here on WP, I would suggest that you do some more posting here and get to know people via public discussions here. I suspect that most people here won't be inclined to PM you without having seen a bunch of substantive public posts from you first.

Since you're into games, you might try posting in the Games and Video Games sub-forum. Also if you decide to discuss the personal crisis you're going through, you might want to do so in the Members Only Discussion sub-forum (which is hidden from Google and other public search engines) to maximize privacy.