Anyone else find life weirdly a lot easier with face masks?

Page 3 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 109,480
Location: the island of defective toy santas

16 Aug 2020, 6:02 am

when i was younger i could work in them as a hospital operating room employee, it must be age that is making it hard for me nowadays.



Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 22,806
Location: UK

16 Aug 2020, 7:02 am

I have a couple of masks but to be honest I'm a bit afraid to wash them even though they are washable. I am a bit reluctant to put them in the washing-machine, but I am no good at handwashing at all because every time I handwash anything it always smells a weird smell after it dries or it feels hard, even though I use the recommended amount of fabric softener and I rinse it thoroughly.

So what I do is wipe the mask with a disinfectant wipe each time I've worn it.


_________________
Female
Aged 32
On antidepressants
Diagnosed with ADHD, anxiety and mild ASD


Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,464
Location: ᜆᜄᜎᜓᜄ᜔

16 Aug 2020, 8:02 am

In my case... Not really.


I hate idiopathic rhinitis.

I hate dealing with post nasal drip. I hate it when my nose itch. :eew:
I hate struggling to breathe. I hate being forced to use my mouth to breathe and ends up fogging my glasses. :x
I hate the pressure in my head and my ears and I'm not allowed to get rid of it.


_________________
Gained Number Post Count (1).
Lose Time (n).


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 109,480
Location: the island of defective toy santas

16 Aug 2020, 8:04 am

Edna3362 wrote:
In my case... Not really.


I hate idiopathic rhinitis.

I hate dealing with post nasal drip. I hate it when my nose itch. :eew:
I hate struggling to breathe. I hate being forced to use my mouth to breathe and ends up fogging my glasses. :x
I hate the pressure in my head and my ears.

i had that also, still have it to a certain extent but a lot less than i did when it would give me about 3 sinus infections a year plus chronic bronchitis, UNTIL- i cut out ALL gluten and gliadin and ALL refined carbs from my diet. :idea:



PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 May 2016
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,632
Location: Yorkshire, UK

16 Aug 2020, 4:01 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I have a couple of masks but to be honest I'm a bit afraid to wash them even though they are washable. I am a bit reluctant to put them in the washing-machine, but I am no good at handwashing at all because every time I handwash anything it always smells a weird smell after it dries or it feels hard, even though I use the recommended amount of fabric softener and I rinse it thoroughly.

So what I do is wipe the mask with a disinfectant wipe each time I've worn it.


When I'm done with them, I put my re-usable masks in a cloth bag separate from the rest of the laundry. That way, I can put the bag in the washing machine without having to handle the masks again. Not perfect, but the best compromise betwee hygiene and practicality I could think of.


_________________
"Your silence speaks volumes to your interest, so I'll keep talking about this a lot."


shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 4 Mar 2017
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,496

16 Aug 2020, 9:56 pm

It's easier now, because many stayed at home.

And they are six feet away

And they have better things to worry about than my facial expressions



Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 21 Jul 2020
Age: 58
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,507

26 Aug 2020, 7:34 pm

It is hard following conversation without being able to see their mouths, but there are fewer conversations now...



alex
Administrator
Administrator

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2004
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,165
Location: Beverly Hills, CA

26 Aug 2020, 9:02 pm

Never use fabric softener to wash anything.


_________________
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/alexplank

Personal FB: http://fb.me/alexplank1


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 26,820

26 Aug 2020, 10:52 pm

fabric softener gives my masks a weird smell



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 109,480
Location: the island of defective toy santas

26 Aug 2020, 11:11 pm

i prefer the thinner paper ones with the ear loops.



Carpeta
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Aug 2020
Age: 32
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,774
Location: Aisle 12: Office Supplies

26 Aug 2020, 11:16 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i prefer the thinner paper ones with the ear loops.


Just pull that beard up a little higher and you'll need no mask. :mrgreen:


_________________
AQ ave: 29.11 // AQ-10 ave: 7.74
EQ ave: 25.0
rdos averages: Aspie 121 // NT 85.3
RAADS-R: 122.0

Not a doctor.


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 109,480
Location: the island of defective toy santas

27 Aug 2020, 1:02 am

Carpeta wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
i prefer the thinner paper ones with the ear loops.


Just pull that beard up a little higher and you'll need no mask. :mrgreen:

santa :santa: is the total opposite of me and my japanese genes that won't let me grow much of any facial hair :bigsmurf:



alex
Administrator
Administrator

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2004
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,165
Location: Beverly Hills, CA

27 Aug 2020, 1:13 am

Image


_________________
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/alexplank

Personal FB: http://fb.me/alexplank1


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 109,480
Location: the island of defective toy santas

27 Aug 2020, 1:28 am

that is a luxury item. but what about the eyes, don't they deserve and need more protection also?



alex
Administrator
Administrator

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2004
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,165
Location: Beverly Hills, CA

27 Aug 2020, 1:32 am

auntblabby wrote:
that is a luxury item. but what about the eyes, don't they deserve and need more protection also?

I'm not wearing my goggles in that photo but I have them ready if needed. The glasses provide minimal protection as is.


_________________
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/alexplank

Personal FB: http://fb.me/alexplank1


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 109,480
Location: the island of defective toy santas

27 Aug 2020, 1:58 am

^^^you're loaded for covid. :wtg: