Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2021, 6:54 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
I have been told I am not Welsh by some, but if I am not Welsh then where are I from as I was born here and have (Apart from a few days abroad in Scotland and a few weeks abroad in England) always lived here.

Your Welsh Or Wales, maybe Whales , i have seen pictures of your trains for your layout ? they do not look Whales like ( Welsh like ) . :D

where ever you go ,there you are

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2021, 8:48 am

Jakki wrote:
KitLily wrote:
All the time. I usually think I'm making friends with someone, it all seems to be going well, then one day...I get The Stare. A kind of 'WTF is this woman talking about?' expression And the shutter goes down and they sidle away out of the friendship.

Often i think, that some people can quickly get left behind in conversation . if you start to provide more information than the other party is able to have any form of reference for .
This and other speech mannerisms can cause your listener to be left in the dark , As they struggle to keep up with your conversation . Was taught by some very kind other WP
member to try to remember your audiences possible limitations .Or varying frames of reference .

I know what you mean, I think I sometimes go off on a discussion or rant or something and get very enthusiastic, and very few people can keep up with me. Especially in the small village where I live where most people were born and lived all their lives. Whereas I've travelled and done many different jobs.

But sometimes I don't know what it is that I've done wrong. I haven't ranted or gone off into an enthusiastic discussion. Sometimes I am just talking normally, or saying something that is blindingly obvious, and I get The Stare. I often feel impatient in my mind and want to shake people. 'Wake up!' 'Broaden your mind!' :roll: :lol:

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2021, 3:02 pm

Sometimes it is just impossible to find an ear listen . Best I can do is the kind people of wrong planet , even then , I feel bad to blurt out the stresses I feel

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2021, 11:05 am

It's odd how people express discomfort whenever we stare at them but then we always get people staring at us.

I don't stare at strangers. I don't even look at strangers. But I can see if someone is staring at me without having to look at them. It's like I have a sixth sense.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2021, 12:50 pm

Joe90 wrote:
It's odd how people express discomfort whenever we stare at them but then we always get people staring at us.

I don't stare at strangers. I don't even look at strangers. But I can see if someone is staring at me without having to look at them. It's like I have a sixth sense.

agreed about being very odd and the 6 sense

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2021, 3:50 pm

Yes. They look at me funny because I'm fat and I wear German stuff, sometimes. That's the least of my problems. I don't shirk and I won't change my ways. If they don't like the way I look, they don't have to at me.