Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Penforpen
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Feb 2022, 4:38 pm

This May seen a bit of strange one but do you find sometimes you may give to much personally information
That people feel overwhelmed.

It doesn’t happen much but blurting out everything seems uncommon and makes us very different

J

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2022, 5:21 pm

I don't know if I overwhelm people with my oversharing tendencies, but I sure have freaked some people out over it. In some ways, I struggle to understand boundaries and know what is too personal. If a thing seems relevant to the conversation, I say it. Only later do I find out that what I said was not a thing most people would (or even should) say. To me, it was related to what was being discussed. Why wouldn't I say it?

As it happens though, on the flip side of that, I'm also prone to not sharing enough. Go figure. I swear, sometimes I make no sense... *shrugs*

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2022, 6:33 pm

I do tend to overshare, but not where it overwhelms people. Due to ADHD I can sometimes blurt things out on impulse that are supposed to be private. It's like there's a voice in my head saying, "don't say it!" but my tongue is already leaking out the information. Then it results in the dreaded "ssshh!" response from other people, which is so humiliating to me.

Luckily I can hold my tongue when it comes to people's feelings, but when it comes to my personal private information like money or something crude, I tend to reveal stuff.

When I was a teenager I used to yell out private rude information in public. It wasn't that I didn't know my boundaries, it was just that I literally didn't care about other people listening. Like I'll yell out "I need to poop" loudly in public. I wouldn't say that now though.

skrish234
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Feb 2022, 9:16 pm

I have that problem too. Sometimes I am just too overwhelmed by my thoughts, that I just want to blurt it out. Maybe that's one of the reasons why I have trouble making friends. Because of this, people usually misunderstand me and then ignore me. I just can't find a way to suppress that impulse.

Minuteman
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Feb 2022, 9:46 pm

I used to overshare a lot, which got me in a lot of trouble. As a result, I started to undershare, which made me look aloof and unwilling to talk. So I need to find that happy medium ... whatever that is.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 10:30 am

Sometimes I share too much, according to someone else's standards

What is the correct amount of sharing is subjective

"Logic could be used to justify anything"

Sometimes if you don't share enough someone finds you curt, aloof, arrogant

If you share something you are vulnerable to social rejection

"There is something wrong with everything"

"Thin line between love and hate"