Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Minuteman
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Apr 2022, 1:08 pm

And it's not because of their overpriced and overcaffeinated coffee.

I'm in a Starbucks right now working remotely. Also in here are eight other people -- like me with their laptops open not engaging in conversation, just focusing on their tasks.

The nine of us are in a place where we're not expected to engage in any sort of small talk or be sociable -- we're all in our own head space being focused and productive in our own way, without worrying in any way about how we're perceived. Basically, an aspie's dream come true.

I think I'll be working here a lot more often.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2022, 1:14 pm

I'm glad you found somewhere nice for yourself

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2022, 1:27 pm

Minuteman wrote:

I'm in a Starbucks right now working remotely. Also in here are eight other people -- like me with their laptops open not engaging in conversation, just focusing on their tasks.

The nine of us are in a place where we're not expected to engage in any sort of small talk or be sociable -- we're all in our own head space being focused and productive in our own way, without worrying in any way about how we're perceived. Basically, an aspie's dream come true.

Why WeWork failed.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2022, 3:59 pm

[quote="Minuteman"]And it's not because of their overpriced and overcaffeinated coffee.

I think I'll be working here a lot more often.[/quote

Hi:
Coffee shops are nice places in general and you don’t need to get coffee to enjoy yourself. In fact, I often get tea or hot chocolate. I also like to chill out and listen to the music .

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2022, 12:49 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
Minuteman wrote:

I think I'll be working here a lot more often.[/quote

Hi:
Coffee shops are nice places in general and you don’t need to get coffee to enjoy yourself. In fact, I often get tea or hot chocolate. I also like to chill out and listen to the music .

Starbucks' music way too loud. At least, the Starbucks that I went to. At least, for me. Maybe everyone else: hard of hearing. Uncomfortable chairs. At least, for me. Maybe everyone else loves the chairs. Not enough bathrooms. Annoying how impatient customers have the nerve to bang on the door

But it makes no difference, to me, if anyone else goes to Starbucks

Minuteman
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Apr 2022, 3:00 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:

Starbucks' music way too loud. At least, the Starbucks that I went to. At least, for me. Maybe everyone else: hard of hearing. Uncomfortable chairs. At least, for me. Maybe everyone else loves the chairs. Not enough bathrooms. Annoying how impatient customers have the nerve to bang on the door

But it makes no difference, to me, if anyone else goes to Starbucks

This Starbucks was renovated about a year ago. The seats are nice, no problem with bathrooms. Yes, the music was loud but it wasn't a distraction for me.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2022, 6:12 am

Minuteman wrote:

Personallly I prefer owning starbucks shares than drinking the coffee but Starbucks is a great place.Its my favorite coffee house.Its like the McD's of coffee

CosmicFerrets
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 May 2022, 7:19 am

I love working in Starbucks and similar locations too. But I often get kicked out or otherwise bothered for being an 'unaccompanied minor' or being without my parents. They never believe me when I say I'm 19.

CosmicFerrets
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 May 2022, 7:22 am

The coffee is overpriced though. And it enrages me that they make soy milk more expensive - it's usually cheaper than cows' milk, they just mark it up. Not all of us want it because we're dumb hipsters. I didn't choose to have an idiot immune system, dammnit!

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 8:24 am

I really like the calm, soothing atmosphere of some Starbucks and coffee shops, but I usually make lattes at home. They are cheaper and usually better.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 8:45 am

I’ve never found Starbucks to be soothing. It’s always crowded, and there’s long lines. Maybe it’s an urban thing?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2022, 8:55 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I’ve never found Starbucks to be soothing. It’s always crowded, and there’s long lines. Maybe it’s an urban thing?

Probably.

Suzyb
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 May 2022, 4:48 am

I used drive thru but had an arguement over their very slooooooow and shoddy service so feel I cant go back until that person leaves.

Have had to go to Costa. It is just not the same! So, I have been sending family members in for me now and again.

Pathetic really!

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2022, 6:33 am

I love cafes, too. I can sit there for hours browsing the Internet or reading horror stories over a glass of iced latte.

orbweaver
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jul 2022, 6:11 pm

I don't enjoy cafes anymore, unfortunately, unless they're some of the more "old school" kind that actually have comfortable seating, softer background music, and dimmer lighting.

I used to love cafes: number one neuro-friendly place to hang out. Now I can't even be in my local Peet's anymore without getting a migraine if I stay too long.

ASD (dx. 2004, Asperger's Syndrome) + ADHD

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2022, 6:40 pm

Library

Not as loud

No purchase necessary

More litterboxes