Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 11:23 pm

why i do not like most precious lil "people":

they talk too much. they act like every thought and emotion that goes through their heads, are the latest greatest scientific invention. then when noise pollution comes out of my beak, they half listen and have the nerve to grunt "huh" and "what", like they are the etiquette equivalent of "excuse me".

some of them act all "buddy buddy", but then the second they (correctly or wrongly) think i did something bad or wrong, they act like "dr jekyll and mister hyde". their expectations were that i was perfect, to their standards. they made plenty of wrong assumptions about me. some assumptions are natural, involuntary, or subconscious, but some precious lil "people" seem to purposely go out of their own ways, to make assumptions. they act like they have a moral "right" to be happy @ all times, and any time they are not happy, that's proof that someone violated their stupidass "rights". but nobody has a "right" to be happy. "you have a right to remain silent."

some of them act like they "care" about a lot of precious lil "people", but everyone they care about has the same Myers Briggs Type as them, and they care about them, vice versa. (moral illusion).

they are judgmental. they judge things they do not know enough about, especially other people that have different personality types than them. compliments are just positive judgments. positive judgments are just as judgmental as negative judgments.

condescending

they don't let you disagree with them.

they get away with doing things that i don't get away with.

"Chino", "Which Asian are you?", they say, like they are doing me a personal favor.

off leash dogs

they accuse me of doing things i didn't do.

they don't care about anything besides $$$.

"Can you" makes it sound like just b/c you "can", you have to.

they gossip with their annoying lil cronies

mispronounce my name

they act like wild animals

they speak ambiguously, and with slang.

the above, description of about 90 percent of my coworkers at home depot.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 12:30 am

I hate the geniuses too, I wish most of them would just kill themselves instead of going on destroying the planet and having war and nukes and living in denial about the genius things they are doing right now. I don't want to die a horrible death from radiation poisoning but the geniuses don't give a crap about how others feel and yet we aspies are the ones who supposedly don't have empathy. Of course it's hard to feel empathy for geniuses who want to nuke us at any moment and there a single thing I can do about it except kill myself so I won't have to suffer as long and horribly as I would from radiation.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 2:04 am

even as a misanthrope
there is ample reason to not constantly use negative language, and also in your head
speak bad, think bad, feel bad
t'is about the only circumstance you can control

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 6:19 pm

You make your bed, you have to sleep in it.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 7:17 pm

traven wrote:
even as a misanthrope
there is ample reason to not constantly use negative language, and also in your head

Some people are so comfortable with being miserable that it becomes part of their identity; breaking those cycles seems to produce so much anxiety/discomfort that they seem to prefer to just wallow.

It's impossible to help people who actively prefer to not help themselves or receive help.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 9:18 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
traven wrote:
even as a misanthrope

Some people are so comfortable with being miserable that it becomes part of their identity; breaking those cycles seems to produce so much anxiety/discomfort that they seem to prefer to just wallow.

It's impossible to help people who actively prefer to not help themselves or receive help.

Yes, I make it a policy to not help people who don't want to be helped. Life is too short to waste on things like that when there are so many people out there that would like and appreciate help if it were available.

I also make it a policy not to validate that nonsense. They can take it to anybody else if they need that.

AnanstrixG
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Mar 2024, 2:17 pm

I'm 56. Back up to my 30s and even maybe a touch into my 40s I had hope for humanity. I mean, the cycles, the pain, the obvious ignoring of their own phrase (if you ignore history it will repeat). But history class taught me dates and names I couldn't remember.

So yeah, I have all but lost hope. The only hope I really have is for those who even deign to try.

That doesn't mean I cannot be social. It actually means I can be social with more people. Because the mask comes easy now. I don't like anyone.

I'm being dramatic. There are a few people I can like as acquaintances. And even a few somewhat friends. I have a wife whom I adore, despite issues.

It is just ... I don't so much hope for the best as assume the worst. It is sad.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 12:00 pm

I'm misanthropic, too. I'm either bored or annoyed by most people. But I don't endlessly complain about it. That would do no good to anyone, including myself.