He kept saying he was coming but never showed up

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2022, 1:39 pm

For the 4th, I invited some friends of mine to go swimming and then go get dinner before go back to watch fireworks. Several times, one of my guests told his he was coming and had expressed that he would like like to meet up for dinner and fireworks. He even said, "Yes" on the invite.

When we walked over to the restaurant, he was nowhere to be found. When we texted him, he said he was working for another hour. When he finally got off, he said he was on his way and was taking an a rideshare but never showed up and never gave us any status. So after a half hour, we didn't feel like waiting and we were going to meet up with another friend who saved us a spot for the firework showing. So we texted him and he decided to forget it and go home.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 9:04 am

Is it the same guy again? You can always choose to ditch such an unreliable/disrespectful person. I would. He obviously takes you and others for granted. You don't have to put up with that kind of behavior. Being forgiving will only encourage him to do the same.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 11:07 am

Hi, no this is someone else who I have not seen on a long time.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 11:12 am

He better have a good explanation----that's all I can say......

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 1:39 pm

Come to think of it, I knew another girl who pulled similar things on another friend and I years ago. Basically, she would call us on the phone and tell us to meet her somewhere and would never show up.

E.G. She promised she said she was going to meet me as a mall so we could apply for jobs and never did

PenPen
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Jul 2022, 4:11 pm

Some people can be quite flakey, even when things seem to be going well. I think it is best to drop these people, as they aren't as interested in the relationship as you are. It sucks because I want stability, but it is better than imposing suffering on myself. Keep your most punctual friends.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2022, 4:33 pm

PenPen wrote:
Some people can be quite flakey, even when things seem to be going well. I think it is best to drop these people, as they aren't as interested in the relationship as you are.

OR it might just mean they have severe difficulty with executive functioning, as many autistic people and ADHDers do.

I would suggest NOT making definite plans with such people or otherwise counting on them to do any particular thing at any particular time. But there's no need to kick them out of your life entirely if you still enjoy talking to them now and then.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2022, 7:47 pm

He seems like a pretty shallow character to me.