I've never made friends on a vacation before

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 8:18 pm

My AS 15-year-old son keeps in touch with an Italian girl he met a few months ago in a museum in Amsterdam. Of course, it probably helps that he's very good-looking, so girls are more likey to approach him.

For myself, even if someone approaches me on vacation, I'm terrible about keeping the connection going once I'm back home.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 3:53 am

Most people I know don't keep in touch with friends they make on vacation but it's still nice to make "vacation friends" while you're there.

My mum joked once "I think Joe90 must frighten people away, as nobody comes near us when she's with us!" She didn't mean it literally or nastily, but she had a point. It does seem that way.

himmellaufen
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Oct 2022, 10:19 pm

I've never been to vacation since I was a kid.
I spent holidays at home.

When I was a child, I made some friends tho.

TheUndiagnosed
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Oct 2022, 7:03 pm

IMHO it's quite hard to make friends while on a vacation.. people you meet usually are in group or with their partner and tend to stay among themselves,they may differ in age and there could be some language barrier. On top of that it's unlikely you will ever meet them again after the vacation is over. I find very hard to create some connections while travelling, most of interactions are very shallow (and even within these type of shallow connections an extravert personality would be required to actually enjoy the interaction). It never worked for me