Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 12:00 am

I have always struggled to understand the tendency for NT's and most of us on the spectrum to chat about one's day. When people ask me how my day was or what I did today, my kneejerk response is "I don't care". I am good with "getting" social conventions in general, so I know that this is just idle chitchat like "how are you" etc. But I have so little interest in talking about my day-to-day life that I struggle to even make a generic smalltalk answer besides "Work" or "Nothing". Part of it is my depression: I am not interested in the things that happen to me. Hearing other people take interest in the things that happen to me just increases my emotional disconnect with them. I know people sometimes talk about going to shows or trips or concerts or games or whathaveyou. But I kind of hate going out in general? And even when I do go out, I still don't feel interested enough to want to talk about it.

tldr: Life is boring, talking about it is an insincere chore

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 11:40 am

Well, being a hermit is one way to live life.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 11:42 am

I take no interest in the things that happen to you in case that would increase your emotional disconnect with me.