Aversions to friendships - yet not always small talk.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2023, 3:46 pm

The following is "spot on" regarding aversions to friendships - yet no aversions to small talk with familiar people.

After reading excellent articles (that is 'excellent' meaning the avodiance of shallow pop-psychology content) on 'commitment phobia' for NT's intimate relationships, these "spot on" findings stood-out: Drawing parallels to how the Autism Spectrum (High Functioning Autism (HFA)) presents aversions to platonic relationships, and friendships - which have similarities to comittment phobia for NTs.

This discussion-thread is better suited for the 'Social Skills & Making Freinds Forum' rather than the 'Love and Dating Forum.' In short, a strong consensus of those concerned with AS is that a good foundation of platonic friendships "sets the stage" for healthy intimate relationships.

Those excellent and thoughtful stories stopped-short of drawing parallels between HFA, and NTs commitment challenges. Any specific stories that draw parallels between NTs and HFA?

traven
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2023, 2:59 am

:shameonyou: :scratch:

Last edited by traven on 26 Feb 2023, 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2023, 3:07 am

[quote="traven"]"small talk" or rather just saying something (to break the ice?) to unacquinted people, some silly joke/ or the weather or another obvious matter

not hfa by any stretch, certainly if any it's aspergers, the early talkers and above average talkers
but the hub always need to take any new person i get to know, for hiimself, again and again
furthermore, friendship is too much work, been there done that,
in the end people put you(=me) easily in the servant position,
i don't need extended narc circles to put me down (my opinion, not others :jester: )

-------------------------------------------------

I lost you after the first paragraphs.

The challenges of social-skills/friendships stemming-from the Autism Spectrum only are relevant - additional personality disorders are irrelevant to this disc. thread.