unfortunately I hate when people ask to be friends with me

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2023, 4:30 pm

I just have so very little social capacity these days. The way I get along with people best is on forums through a loose style of communication. I already have a couple friends who message me regularly and I can't really handle any more than that.

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2023, 5:58 pm

When strangers or acquaintances ask to be friends with me, they almost invariably want to sell me something or take advantage of me.  The best friendships grow "organically", without pressure or outside interference.  But even the best of friendships eventually end.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

williamwashere1
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Jul 2023, 10:04 am

I feel the exact same way. I hate making new friends, and get annoyed when people ask, but feel I must comply to their request. I have one friend and that's enough for me. Although she keeps trying to get me to make more friends.

KeepWaiting
Raven
Raven

04 Jul 2023, 10:05 am

No one has ever really asked to be friends with me. Not that I can remember.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2023, 10:08 am

No-one has asked to be friends with me, as I didn't think it was a thing to ask to be friends. I thought it was just a connection that happens automatically.

I only recall people asking me to be their friend at school.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2023, 10:14 am

My dance card is full too, in terms of written communication. It wouldn't be fair to me or the other person if I tried to maintain ongoing PM with anyone else because I have a hard time keeping up with what I have, and it takes a lot of emotional energy.

For the record I had a friend irl "break up" with me. It was the strangest thing. She rang me and said "I can't be your friend anymore", or something like that. We were adults with children, not ten year-olds. Turned out it was a religious thing where she couldn't accept one of the decisions I'd made. CUCKOO!