Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

22 Feb 2008, 5:33 pm

We are starting a gamers group! Males and females of all ages are welcome. There are only two of us so far. This is not intended to be an aspies-only group, just a bunch of people getting together sometimes to play RPGs (Dungeons and Dragons, Rifts, Robotech) or even video games. Newbies are welcome.

Even if you're not interested in this group, let me know if you're in the PDX/Vancouver area or near enough to drive and may conceivably be interested in some kind of social activity ( :o 8O !) in the future. I grew up with a bunch of gamer friends in the Seattle area and I am finally missing that kind of thing.

If you don't want to announce your location publicly, you can PM me. I am not a psycho, I promise. :jester:

GrantZilla
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Feb 2008, 4:42 am

I'm from Portland, but not much of a gamer. More of a sports fan. The vids I do play are like Fight Night or Madden. lol

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2008, 5:23 am

I live in Eugene, which is a 2 hour drive....

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

23 Feb 2008, 2:51 pm

Cyanide, I was hoping you'd say something. I couldn't remember where in Oregon you were. I guess that's too far for regular get-togethers but maybe you'd be interested in meeting up every now and then if we can manage to get a decent-sized group going on.

Grant, that's too bad that you don't like games very much. It's good to know you're in the area though.

There were two interested responses via PM so far. :D That makes 4 people interested in regular gaming, total (the other two being myself and a non-WP guy from North Portland). Hopefully we can round up some more!

GoatMan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Feb 2008, 3:41 am

Hmm... Cyanide, I'm kind of in the same boat you are. I live in Salem, so driving to Portland and back once a week is a little tiresome. However, as I told gwenevyn via PM, I'd be up to hosting an event or two if travel for the members proves a bit difficult. I'd even be more motivated to host it if we could work it into the Sci-Fi Channel's Monday night line-up (the Enterprise marathon, and Ani-Monday), as well as "The Sarah Connor Chronicles".

So, yes, I'd be up to tv, gaming, and snack foods of some form.

Study like a scholar
Act like a gentleman
Dress like a soldier

24 Feb 2008, 4:29 am

I want to join. I like videogames. Let me know when the first gathering is and where it's going to be. I don't know if I will make it or not since I do work.

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2008, 5:03 am

Yeah, Salem wouldn't be a bad location since it's about halfway in between Portland and Eugene.