Veteran

19 Dec 2005, 11:11 pm

I am getting a lizard.

McJeff
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Dec 2005, 2:54 pm

Been a pet person all my life.

Miss Kitty - calico cat. She died back in 2000. The thing I remember most about her is that if you cried, she padded with her paws and purred until you stopped. She was the sweetest cat.

Hamlet - bearded collie. Died back in 2002. Hamlet was a "glorious dork". He didn't get it, but it was all good in his mind, so it didn't matter. Hamlet seemed to have serious herding talent, and it's a shame that I never worked with him, but I never had the patience for that kind of stuff.

Rex - she's a small mongrel, just shy of 30 lbs. It's hard to say what all's in her - there's signs of beagle, whippet, rottweiler, german shepard and manchester terrier. She's 15, and the most aware and in-tune with her humans dog I've ever heard of.

Caterina - She's a cali-tabby. That's a calico, with tabby patches in addition to the normal calico markings. She's somewhere between a year and a half to 2 years old now. She's very inquisitive and likes to stick her nose into everything. Usually she doesn't want to be held in a lap or cuddled, but when she does she won't take no for an answer.

McDuff - Bearded collie. He's 5, and a rescue dog. He's got some weird behavior traits, but he's really sweet. Sort of clingy sometimes. Doesn't listen very well so he can't be taken for walks or have a ball thrown for him.

Tom - He's a tuxedo cat, a year old maybe a little younger. He's got the most evil yellow eyes. He harasses Caterina, always wanting to play fight, but she can whip his butt - she just usually would rather run away. We're getting him a shock collar to keep him from harassing her. He has two moods - ferocious and evil, or the sweetest little booger ever. When he's being sweet, he gets his head on my shoulder and stretches full length across my chest, then kneads with his paws and purrs. When he's evil, he dive bombs my ankles.

SolaCatella
Veteran
Veteran

Location: [insert creative, funny declaration of location here]

26 Dec 2005, 9:35 pm

I'm a major dog person.

I have two neutered males at the moment:

Mickey-Jack Russell Terrier, at least nominatively. (He's of the short-legged variety, not a Parson; sometimes called 'Irish' or 'puddin'' or simply Jack Russell as opposed to Parson Russell or Parson Jack Russell.) He's really slowed down at twelve, but we've had him since I was three and he put up with me all through the stage where I wanted the dog with me, at all times, regardless of the dog's actual feelings. He smells like pond scum and appears to be now blind and deaf, so we're trying to make his so-called golden years as easy as possible considering the three-year-old and Oliver living with us.

Oliver-As far as we can tell, he's a Border Terrier/Pembrooke Welsh Corgi cross somewhere from a year to eighteen months old. (Oliver was a rescue from a highway somewhere.) He's just over thirty pounds (nearly twice old Mick's size), about the size of a Corgi and roughly as round but with legs that are about twice as long. He has a head very like my sister's friend's Border and, well, pretty much any other Border not stripped for a show that I've ever seen. Bizarrely, he has a spotted blue tongue. His coat is classic Border Terrier, which I swear I am going to learn how to strip at some point. Oliver and I will be starting competitive Obedience sometime this September and will also be taking an agility class purely for fun sometime in March. (I had wanted a dog to do competitive agility with when we went looking for a rescue; alas, he has all the coordination of any Aspie I've ever met and less than most. He can't jump two feet without crashing into something. The obedience and the for fun course is my compromise.)

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2005, 6:14 am

just bought a squeaky pig toy for my dog and he hasn't let go off it since

$2.50 and he's in heaven. Another reason to love animals.

Kiss_my_AS
Toucan
Toucan

27 Dec 2005, 5:47 pm

Squirrel monkey when I lived on the other side of the Atlantic and a Cat when I arrived in Europe. I don't like to display it, but I still get somewhat sentimental every time I think about them.

I've been petless for quite a few years now, as my family doesn't like them. When I'm on my own I might consider to have one again.

Beau
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2005, 12:30 am

I have a rottweiler named Sara and she is a year and 4 months old. I used to have another rottie, but she died a year ago. Her name was also Sara :D

quietangel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Dec 2005, 1:06 pm

Smokey he is a bobcat hybrid~8 years old
Gabriel a Boston Terrier who is 1 1/2~he is a major spaz and becomes Mr Tongue when people stop by my house
Romeo a beagle/terrier mix (snoopy dog), he is four years old, he is very sweet and smiles
1 zebra finch named tweety bird~because he survived a Smokey attack. Her brothers were not so fortunate.
We had a hamster but...alas Smokey loves to hunt, as you can see from above cages mean nothing to him.

jdbob
Toucan
Toucan

05 Jan 2006, 10:29 pm

I have two American Miniature Horses (Astro and Dino). Because of the current regime they now both claim to be "Canadian" :?

Dewclaw
Raven
Raven

10 Oct 2006, 10:23 pm

I have a Border Collie/ Pit Bull mix. Her name is Waffles. Almost like Bec's pet, Quaffle.

My other dog was a German Shepherd named D-fer. (D for Dog)

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2006, 12:50 am

One very relaxed cat....Zelda. 8)

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2006, 1:17 am

I had an iguana, its name was Iguani, but it escaped a month ago :cry:.

My sister has a basilisk, and I help her with it.

Pancho
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Oct 2006, 2:35 pm

I have two cats, Jesse and Felix, they are at my mums house though and I live with my dad :(

Small pic of Jesse

Close up of Felix

Catster
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Oct 2006, 6:25 pm

I have a cat Clive Ginger and my cat Sammy died a month ago she was 16. If you would like to see some pics go to my webpage www.myspace.com/catrionaajt

SusyQ
Raven
Raven

19 Oct 2006, 10:20 am

I love pets! It's been so neat to read about everyone else's pets. Currently I have the following pets:
Dog-Comet, 9 year old Shepherd/Lab mix.
Indoor Cat-Frosty, 10 year old tabby.
Barn Cats-Mama and Splash.
Chickens-No names, various breeds.
Geese-Ruth and Boaz.
Turkeys-Prudence Juanita, Miles, and Maria. All three are supposed to be Black Spanish but Miles is showing some white so he may not be purebred.