kitschinator
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jan 2008, 1:05 pm

Physical: 23
Intellectually: 45
Emotionally: 23
Socially: 13

Some people call me an "old soul" and marvel at my maturity, but it's clear that I have the interests and social capacity of someone in their early teens. I feel perpetually thirteen. Emotionally I guess I am about my own age.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

12 Jan 2008, 10:01 pm

ive over heard my mom talking on the phone before we knew i was aspergers and she said i acted like a 14 year old. i was quiet devistated because the only way i can see that is in the way i talk, sometimes i act like a gangbanger and might tell my b***h to get me a drink or something, but common. i do it just because i am a commical guy, (i love comedy) especially my own :D

Turtle000
Raven
Raven

14 Jan 2008, 9:54 pm

I think it all depends on who I'm with at the moment. Like, right now I'm by myself and I feel my age, but most of the time if I'm around my parents I definitely feel like a six year old. Or if I'm with a group of little kids, it's like I'm transformed into whatever age they are. There is a downside to that: my nephew treats me more like a sister than an aunt and at one time I guess he thought I was his sister since I acted like him and not like all the other adults.
When I was in school, though, I did feel more mature than the other kids.

Ithaca
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Mar 2008, 9:58 am

My chronological age is 37 and most of the people I have as friends or were friends have been 7 or more years older than me. I don't have much in common with people younger than me...if we do connect, it's not for long. As for emotional/social age, I've always suspected it is younger (I have been told by a psychiatrist when I was 20 that I was actually 16 or 17 at that point) probably three or four years younger....maybe a lot more. I know when I am the most "myself" I am very silly and so, probably more like a little kid of ten.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2008, 2:49 am

I'm physically 19. Emotionally, I'm a little mixed. I'd say between 10 and 16, and that it's not going to change anytime soon. Socially...16? Intellectually, I'd guess 24. I seem to grasp things a lot of people my age still haven't, and I fit in well with older people.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2008, 9:08 am

I think that it is a load of crap all this "maturity" stuff. I think it is a measure of how controlled your emotions are in a society which likes to see emotions kept under control. Emotionally I am 30, though I have the social skills of a 10 year old, I think.

Taking a break.

shopaholic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2008, 9:28 am

I am 42 but feel like a child in a woman's body - at most in my 20's, often less.

My parents still treat me as if I were about 14.

I have had the "emotionally immature" label to my knowledge since I was 10.

When the book "Emotional Intelligence" first came out it was like a revelation to me.

That was the first time I realised that maybe I wasn't as superior as I had thought.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 6:48 pm

I have been told to act my age not my shoe size, which is size 10, anyhow I am 46, physically I look somewhere between 25 to 32, intellectually my age would be 46 I guess, since I have alot of life experiences, emotionally would my age 12 to 16 years old, some of my interests and sense of humor, I love cartoons and Monty Python, goofing off.

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 9:23 pm

I feel about 12 socially and emotionally. I don't mind that so much though. Forever young!

kid020
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Apr 2008, 9:27 pm

I have the emotional age of a 9 year old, the social age of 10 year old, the intelectual age of a 45 year old, and my real age is 20 years old.

Aeneas_Iactatus
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Apr 2008, 7:26 pm

I've been criticized for not being emotionally mature. I'm 31, but relate best to high school and college students. It helps with my volunteer activity (Scout leader). I'm too afraid to take any EQ tests. Why does open and trusting have to equal immature? And I suspect that many NTs are equally immature and just mask it better.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 1:57 pm

I'd say I'm stuck in my late adolescence.

curiouslittleboy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Apr 2008, 11:09 pm

Cyndi wrote:
I overheard my mom talking to someone about my autism and I repeated part of it with her(to be annoying and silly) when she said the line about "she's 8 years old emotionally and will be for her entire life". So while I have a higher than average intellect, I experience emotions like an 8 year old child would. I tend to come across as very childlike in person and more than once it's led someone to ask my mom if I'm mentally ret*d.

I'm not very verbal though I can talk, I just hate talking because it feels "slow". I'm much more articulate in writing/singing.

So I'm wondering--what's everyone else's social-emotional age?

Oh, Jesus. ><
I remember teachers telling me I'm about 6-10 years old emotionally...Now I'm confident that I'm closer to the 14-18 area...(I'm 20 years old irl) So yeah. :\ Time heals all..umm...stuff. XD

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 8:48 am

I don't know.

I am nineteen (although I keep forgetting I'm no longer eighteen).

I can be more mature in some respects, like I never really had a 'teen' period of needing to be different, staying out late, rowing with parents the whole time, but in other respects I'm quite immature - I like playing silly 'poking' games with my friend (also half-mature, half-immature 19-year-old) and we like messing about and saying and doing things that people think we're weird for doing when it's just fun, like messing around on the floor playing fun, frantic improvised games with clothes pegs :D

I kind of feel like I switch between the two - adult/child.

I don't know about emotionally because I don't know what everyone else's emotions feel like to them or how they differ.

I don't know which category this might come under, but people I work with tend to think of me as being a bit behing in the growing up process - they keep telling me I ought to have done such-and-such by now or I'm old enough to do such-and-such which is annoying, because I can't make myself any different.

Dodgy circuitry! Diagnosed: Tourette syndrome. Suspected: auditory processing disorder, synaesthesia. Also: social and organisation problems. Heteroromantic asexual (though still exploring)

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 9:58 pm

Physically: 40
Intellectually: 50
Emotionally: 15
Socially: 12

I think like a fifteen-year-old. Arrested development perhaps, or maybe something else, I've no idea. Makes it difficult to connect with people my own age, though, so other than my immediate family, I don't socialize with anyone in real life. It's getting worse the older I get.

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 2:56 pm

As an adult, I am more introverted. As a child, I am more extroverted, even though I was an introvert as an actual, physical child.

Dodgy circuitry! Diagnosed: Tourette syndrome. Suspected: auditory processing disorder, synaesthesia. Also: social and organisation problems. Heteroromantic asexual (though still exploring)