Page 3 of 75 [ 1195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 75  Next

Jetson
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2005, 9:10 pm

life_observer wrote:
I am a 23 yr. old male from Canada

Where in Canada? I'm in Vancouver most of the time but I get around.

mikibacsi1124
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2005, 1:12 pm

I'm Mike, 20 going on 21, from New Brunswick, NJ. I was diagnosed with AS at the age of 11, and since then I've come a long way in finding who I really am. I'm trying my best to embrace the world, make friends, and find my place in society, without losing my individuality.

I'm going into my fourth (should be last) year at Rutgers University. I'm majoring in Journalism and Media studies, with a focus on broadcasting. I currently do the news at my college's radio station, and I have plans to go into radio as a news man, DJ or announcer. I wouldn't mind - actually, scratch that, I'd love to be a TV announcer (especially on a game show), but I'm a bit camera-shy. Of course, as a backup in case the broadcasting thing doesn't work out, I'm planning to get a master's degree in library science.

Personality-wise, I'm definately quirky, but what else would you expect from one of our kind? I'm a little shy, a little goofy, some would say a little creepy, but I would hope that I wouldn't get that kind of reception here. My interests are eccentric to say the least - game shows, movie/TV studio logos, the soft drink industry, fire alarms, radio airplay charts, etc. Of course, I also love music - everything from modern alternative rock to showtunes to classical and even some good ol' pop.

So, if you want to get to know me more, feel free to IM me.

Grievous
Toucan
Toucan

19 Oct 2005, 4:44 pm

Hi. I have some acquaintances, but really no true friends. :(

Cassidys
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Nov 2005, 2:56 pm

Hi im Cassidy Summers
I dont like small talk conversations, I only enjoy talking about things that are meeningfull and are worth talking about. I like meeting people with the same interest as me, because it gives me something to talk about. I like basketball, reading books, writing some poetry. I really have a hard time finding things to communicate about, even with my own father, even when I take the time to sit down with him its hard for me to find things to talk about, it all seems like small talk, "How was your day", "where did you work" etc, then we both go about our own business. Im 21 years old and I work as an escrow assitant processing home loans, (refinances acctually), its very repatative and acctually I found this site while at work.
I live in southern Cali, the weather and sunset is very nice, but I cant see the sunset now cause im stuck an hour in after work and its to dark by the time I get home, yup thats me.

DarthSchizo
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Nov 2005, 4:50 am

::::Just pretend like I posted something meaningful about myself right here::::

This saves us both a lot of trouble. Now just move on to the next message because nobody cares, nobody ever cared, and nobody ever will care. As Freund and many others put it “my life ended a long time ago”.

Nitz
Raven
Raven

21 Nov 2005, 7:33 pm

I'm 20 years old, male, and attending classes at Santa Barbara City College in California, and I'm looking to meet Aspies in my age range, preferrably in the general area, to talk to. My interests include cartooning, animation, gaming, animals, and philosophy. I'm looking forward to meeting other people within the AS community. If you're interested in talking to me, email/PM/IM me :)

MU
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Nov 2005, 9:19 pm

I can't leave my real name or age for the concern of my parents, but let me introduce myself. I go to art school and am in the illustration major. I want to do comic books and general illustration. I don't really have friends for I commute to school and have a hard time seeing people out of class. I want finally find somewhere to fit in, I feel there probably is no place that will fully accept me. I'm tired of spending day after day playing video games and doing homework. Please contact me any way possible if you want to help me somehow.

newchum
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2005, 6:25 am

I'm a 22-year-old Male, who lives in Bendigo, Australia.

I'm interested in history, biology, palaeontology, and sociology and to a small extent psychology. If you have a passion for these areas, please free to PM me or add me into your ICQ, MSN or Yahoo messenger lists.

QuirkyCarla
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2005, 4:53 am

I'm a 19 year old female from New Jersey. I'm currently in my second year at Montclair State University. I'm an undeclared major, but plan on majoring in elementary education and getting certified to teach grades K-5. I have an interest in the paranormal (i.e. aliens, ghosts, psychics/astrology, etc.) I love reading, watching movies, listening to music, and going online. Anyone interested in getting to know me feel free to pm me.

CSI_3_Katt
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Dec 2005, 10:22 pm

Hello! My name is Katt. I'm a 19-year-old female aspie. I live in the general area of Seattle Washinton (I hate the rain). My intrests include any of the CSI type shows, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, The Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series, writing, reading, listening to music, acting, and singing. Johnny Depp is like... god... *drool* brilliant actor (I love his movies.. and him :wink: ) I'm looking for some aspie friends who have similar intrests and perhaps that live in the same area (not a must).

Feel free to send me a message!

Dead men tell no tales...unless you're in forensics.

Jack Sparrow is my Hero!

joku_muko
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2005, 1:29 am

Oregon. Male. 20's. More specific? Send me a PM.

CRB
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Dec 2005, 1:53 pm

My name is Curtis (I go by the name of Chaim). I am 46, male, married with three sons (7, 6, 5) and I live in Shippensburg, in south central Pennsylvania. I am looking for friendships with other Aspies on this board. I am a seld-diagnosed Aspie, but I was diagnosed as borderline autistic at age 3. Right now, I work as a technical writer. My main interests are: history of Communism and Cold War, former Soviet Union, current affairs, foreign languages, Jewish and Christian theology (yes, I am a born-again believer), sports (Red Sox, Steelers, University of Pittsburgh).

Duchess
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Dec 2005, 11:30 pm

Hi all

My name is Julia and I am 25 yrs old living in Melbourne Australia. I was diagnosed with autism when I was a small child, and at the time the doctors didn't know much about austism.

At the moment I am doing a postal library and information services course and my other interest is researching my family tree.
My favourite movies include; LOTR, any Johnny Depp film.

Julia

nortala
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jan 2006, 9:01 am

Why not, we'll see if anything comes of it :)

I'm Jayelinda, aged 25, recently self-diagnosed AS. I'm studying 3D animation and hope to eventually work in the games industry. Friends, near or far, are good to have :)

My interests are spiders, fictional worlds and languages and fantasy art. I'm also trying to learn Japanese, though I've been slack lately :) (anyone want to practice with me?) Not a huge movie-goer, though I've been obsessing over Advent Children a lot lately. I listen to all kinds of music - I seem to be the only person I know who puts Enya and Metallica on the same playlist. My favourite author is Hans Christian Andersen.

Tolian
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Jan 2006, 9:14 am

Edit: Retracted: I didn't get any replies to the superbly crafted post I wrote here. So don't feel bad if noone replied to yours. I don't feel bad about it. This thread sucks. I don't think aspies are very good at replying to stuff like this either. Posting something here yes, but not saying "OH HI I LOVE THAT TOO LETS BE FRIENDS <3!". And even though you probably don't believe me, shortly after I wrote this, the desire to find a friend faded, and I was very glad not to get a reply, and I really didn't want some wierdo messaging me about being friends on the internet.

Of course at some point some I'll probably get a bit lonely but that doesn't last very long. I honestly think that I'm sacrificing my need to interact with other people with a increased understanding of other stuff.

Sorry if this is off topic. Good luck.

Wait, never mind.

Last edited by Tolian on 26 Jan 2006, 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tails
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jan 2006, 12:48 pm

Alright, I'll give this a try.

My name is Alex, although I'm known online by most as "Jai". I'm 21, and living in the UK. I'm female, but tend to put myself across as male, as I have little interest in gender and am, while physically female, very gender ambiguous in my mind, usually choosing male as my default. If that hasn't put you off, a little more about me:

I'm a college student, studying Web design and Animation. I'll be progressing to University hopefully this September to study videogame design.

I am obsessive. My current obsession is Sonic the Hedgehog. I would like very much to corrospond with other Sonic fans, although you don't have to be a fanatic (but it helps :D). I am obsessed with Sonic, but I'm somewhat capable of not talking about it, so if you don't care that much about it, contact me anyway, and we can try to get chatting about other stuff.

I'm a writer, and I love to role-play. I also love to draw, although I'm rubbish at it. I enjoy making graphics/banners/icons etc, and I love using programs like PhotoShop and Flash.

I also love listening to music of all kinds, but particularly old-school dance and rock.

I love small aircraft (the F16 Fighting Falcon was my favorite for a loooong while), and my current favorite aircraft is the Polikarpov I-153 Chaika bi-plane. I am taking bi-plane lessons this Spring and hope to eventually obtain a pilot license :)

Please PM me if you're interested in getting to know me :)