more friends than enemies or more enemies than friends???

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2005, 4:44 pm

When I was younger (ages 8-13)I had more enemies than friends.They were always plotting against me and stuff.But now,that I am older and have better social skills and not quite as depressed,I am lucky to have more friends than enemies.Sure,I have 3 enemies,and I have tried my best not to be mean and not to take revenge.I mean,I don't want enemies(who does)!But I geuss I'm going to have to live with that.

Anyone else?Stories welcome.

-SpaceCase :D

Fiddler
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Oct 2005, 4:50 pm

I think I had more "ennemies" than friends up to my A levels. After my A levels, I quitted highschool, and ennemies disappeared. As a consequence I have now more friends than ennemies.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2005, 5:16 pm

I feel like I have more friends than enemies.

Tim_p
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2005, 5:39 pm

I have two enemies in the world, and I haven't seen either in years. On the other side of things, I have a multitude of friendly acquaintances, people who like me even though I rarely see them and almost never speak to them for more than thirty-seconds at a time.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2005, 6:09 pm

I was brought up to try to interact with people well. That's because I have a right to know my business, and what's going on with me. If I don't know, then I wonder.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2005, 8:34 pm

If I had an enmy, I wouldn't know. I dislike many poeple, but I don't know if it's mutual.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2005, 9:53 pm

I have WAY more online enemies than friends. Just totally unbalanced. Heaps.

Offline, if I have any enemies I don't know about it, but people probably talk about me behind my back.

I don't know how to class people as friends. In real life I have alot of aqauintences.

Litguy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2005, 10:44 pm

Like Spacecase, I had a lot of enemies in high school. I was the object of bullying and derision and if I had four friends in high school, that is probably a lot.

As an adult, I certainly have more friends than enemies, but I am often not certain who my friends are. Quite frankly, if you don't have space in your life for my two autistic kids (the eleven year old can be a challenge), then I don't have space for you. That has caused me to re-define who friends are, and even who family members are.

My few enemies are people who have failed to understand my motives when I have said or done the wrong thing to them. I try to make things clear, and, if that's not enough, I just need to forget that they're there.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2005, 10:16 am

Ben, I meant to say that if I don't know about myself, I wonder.

mikibacsi1124
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2005, 10:45 am

In high school, I had enemies that teased me incessantly and very rudely over silly stuff. In college, I have enemies that think I'm a creep because of certain things I've done that I regret, or just because of how I generally come off.

In either case, I've never had THAT many enemies, and I've definately always had at least more casual friends.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2005, 10:47 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Offline, if I have any enemies I don't know about it, but people probably talk about me behind my back.

I don't know how to class people as friends. In real life I have alot of aqauintences.

Same here. The line between friend and aquaintence is a very blurred one for me.

pooftis
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2005, 5:45 pm

In school I had a lot of people who didn't like me, I never did figure out why most of them didn't, even if I asked someone the response I got was usually something like "I just don't" (????) After a few years of school, most people realized I really didn't care and they kind of gave up on hassling me. A few times when I was told that someone didn't like me I responded "I wouldn't have wanted to be friends with you if you did because I don't like you, so it works out well for both of us." That shuts people up. I had a little bit of a problem with meltdowns if I was touched and got in more than a couple fights because someone would push me or bump into me, and I would hit them. I think that made me less of a target, but also made me seem even more "different" than other kids.

I have made a huge effort as an adult to only have people in my life who are a positive addition to it. I don't have a ton of people that I am interact with as a result of that, but the people I do have in my life love me because of my "oddness". :)

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2005, 7:02 pm

I don't really have any of either these days, but a lot of friendly acquaintances of mine are former enemies.
If I don't like someone on first impression of them, I'm not afraid to speak my mind. (It's different if I have a -good- first impression of someone. I don't want people thinking I'm trying to hit on them.)
Of course, my willingness to speak my mind did lead me to getting beat up once. But that was way back in middle school.

HannahCapps
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Oct 2005, 8:49 am

hale_bopp wrote:
I have WAY more online enemies than friends. Just totally unbalanced. Heaps.

yea, people feel they can be a jackass online becuase of the annon. but in real life there just cowereds...I have a ton of online enemies, I've had to IM alot of them to try and explain myself, and sometimes it works sometimes it don't. :roll:

rhubarbpluscustard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2005, 9:02 am

Certainly there are people who dislike me, but I have no real enemies. I don’t know how to make enemies. I do have friends, though. :D

RobertN
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2005, 10:41 am

My enemies are the entire membership of the Conservative Party, although I do not know them personally!!