Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

AutismInternet
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 May 2008, 6:12 pm

Hello all. I am a 4th year medical student and am involved in a research project to further awareness and understanding regarding the Autism spectrum. You should all be quite interested in the research that I am conducting as it focuses directly on the benefits that the Internet provides for those who are dealing with Autism spectrum disorders, most specifically in its effects on socialization and communication.

I am writing to request assistance in this project from the very people that have helped create the wonderfully supportive online community that exists today. In signing up for the project all I ask is to fill out a simple questionnaire regarding the effects that the internet has had on you and/or your family in your experience of Autism spectrum disorders.

If you are interested please email me with your age and your diagnosis. No name is required. I am specifically looking into child and adolescent volunteers, with the cutoff at age 18 and below. However, if you engaged in internet use when you were 18 and under please feel free to participate.
Thank you for your time.

Justin Schleifer MS4 New Jersey Medical School

DeanFoley
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 May 2008, 6:20 pm

E-mail sent.