Do you hate it when people don't believe you?

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

RockyMtnAspieMom
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Aug 2008, 11:08 am

Bingo. People who lie often don't believe others can be honest.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2008, 12:10 pm

Spokane Girl wrote:
Do you hate it when people don't believe you?

It's a problem, to be sure; but the problem is not mine.

Before I make a statement, I first make sure that the available evidence will support it.

When I make the statement, and people don't believe it, then I present the evidence. Then the people call me "arrogant" or tell me that the facts don't mean anything, because they already "know" otherwise. Then, when I demonstrate the truth of the matter (I show them how it works), they complain that I am rude and that I embarrassed them.

When I ask that people provide evidence for their claims - especially the extraordianary or outrageous claims - they again call me arrogant and rude for even suggesting that there is a need for evidence.

I rely on the facts, which supply the evidence, which supports the true claims that I make. In doing so, I expect no less from other people.

Other people rely on ignorance, which enables gullibility, which permits their false claims to be believed. In doing so, they expect nothing better from me.

Are they really so stupid as to expect me to be as stupid as they? It sure seems that way...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

GoddessofSnowandIce
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Aug 2008, 12:37 pm

corroonb wrote:
MrMark wrote:
I'm so sick & tired of the NT dating site I'm on. Everybody lies. It appears to be normal. I'm not bothered by that. After all, I think if you want acceptance from others you have to be accepting of others. What bugs the hell out of me is that people seem to be incapable of believing that there are some honest people in the world, people who won't sacrifice their integrity just to get laid. It seems that being honest is just too "weird." :roll:

Honesty is often considered "rude" by NTs. Fat people don't like to be called fat. Stupid people don't like to be called stupid and so on. So maybe they are not lying, maybe they are deluded?

*giggles* Yeah, I often find that when NTs start off a question with the words "Tell me the honest truth, but do/am I...?", they're really looking for a sugar-coated, half-truth answer. I don't think that they're necessarily deluded. They're better described as willfully ignorant. It's a self-preservational behavior.

I prefer people to be blunt with me. At first,what they tell me might hurt, but then I get the motivation to try and change what I'm so embarrassed to admit that fits their observation. How else am I going to get it right if I'm unaware I'm doing something wrong??? I can't trust most people to be honest with me with their opinions on things, and I've had to learn the NT art of sugar-coating and roundabout speech. I find I can easily weave my own NT words for certain types of social situations, but I almost never can interpret when they're feeding me the same sugar-coated, esteem-boosting lies.

Last edited by GoddessofSnowandIce on 22 Aug 2008, 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fossy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Aug 2008, 1:45 pm

People often don't believe me when I'm telling them about myself. lol They just want to believe the worst about me, in other words they want to believe that I freak out and am always angry and that I have grudges against them. No, If I don't agree with what you're saying I'm gonna tell you, and if that comes out a little loud then you'll just have to deal with it.

Then people will keep telling me something and assume I'm not reading or listening, and I keep telling them I am but I'm concerned with how they are reading my point. It's like they only care about the point they are trying to make. The reason I keep repeating myself to you is not because I'm not listening to you or not understanding you, but because you appear to be obsessed with pressing what you are saying on me and you don't seem to be giving any acknowledgment that you understood my point. lol It's so ridiculous.

i_Am_andaJoy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Aug 2008, 2:02 pm

yep.

if they are a stranger/someone i barely know, then it feels like mentally slamming into a wall, a flip of a switch and suddenly they are dead to me, even if i was laughing with them a minute before. car crash, no more than trash, dead dead dead.

if it is a friend/family kind of person that i have some kind of actual relationship with, then it is a gunshot. hair-trigger. i fire. explosion of rage, huge fight, meltdown.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2008, 2:36 pm

I don't mind being called a liar after I just finished lying
or telling a lie
or just about to lie
but not when I'm telling the truth!

Fossy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Aug 2008, 4:20 pm

Kilroy wrote:
or telling a lie
or just about to lie

That post hit the nail on the head. lol

SierraBell
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Aug 2008, 6:17 pm

My own mom doesn't belive me almost every time I try to tell the truth.

This has to do with other people lying to her and I lied to her when I was young. One thing I don't understand, she tells me to forgive people that were just kids that hurt me, yet she doesn't forgive what I did in the past. She's all, "You need to earn my trust!" :roll: give me a flippin break. I know if I even try to talk to her how silly it all sounds, she won't listen to me. :P So why bother?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2008, 7:25 pm

When I was a kid, it didn't matter to my dad whether I told the truth or not, to him I was always lying. But since the beatings would be more viscious and last longer if I did lie, I became diligent in my efforts to be truthful. Even then, he would beat me even more for my "attitude" when he found out that he was wrong. And he never apologized.

Hey! I smell fresh donuts! Good times are happening right now!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Last edited by Fnord on 22 Aug 2008, 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChristinaCSB
Toucan
Toucan

22 Aug 2008, 7:43 pm

Yes...

Metal_Man
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2008, 12:26 am

I real hate it when NT's say to me, "When you said X did you really mean Y?" My response is,"No I meant X exactly as I said it, word for word." The NT then says, "Well you really must have meant Z then." My response is, "No I meant X exactly as I said it, word for word." The NT then gets pissed off because I'm not getting it. This happens to me a lot.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2008, 1:20 am

I probably would if people didn't ignore me. :x

SierraBell
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Aug 2008, 8:56 am

I just spoke with my mom about her not beliving in what I say, and we actually had a good discussion, no yelling, fighting or anything. :)

TutuFairy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2008, 12:11 pm

Holy crap. That drives me crazy. What's worse is when people don't trust me cause I know that I'm like, one of the most honest and trustable people they probably know and I would never do something to hurt them or even lie to them. It frustrating that they don't realize that. :x

-Me and Schuyler

TutuFairy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2008, 12:15 pm

Kilroy wrote:
or telling a lie
or just about to lie

On the rare occasion that I do lie, I actually get mad if someone accuses me of lying. haha Yeah I know. Totally irrational. I don't deny it after, but in my head I'm like "Damn it! And I thought I was being slick..." haha
:lol:

(Sorry about the double-post)

-Me and Schuyler

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2008, 11:37 pm

I'm often telling people, "I told you so" and shaking my head at them.