Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Fossy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Aug 2008, 1:36 pm

Does everybody believe that whatever slimy stuff a person does eventually comes back to haunt them? I think in general people are smart and they figure stuff out. I have decided that I'm going to stop trying to make people see what wrongs others have done and just let them figure it out for themselves, because honestly when I have tried to get involved and defend myself to people it just ends up making a bad situation even worse.

Shadylane
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Aug 2008, 4:30 pm

Last edited by Shadylane on 22 Aug 2008, 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fossy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Aug 2008, 4:48 pm

Isn't there another definition of it that has to do with the aura a person gives out and what they've done? And I didn't ask what the definition of it was. lol

kar·ma Audio Help /ˈkɑrmə/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kahr-muh] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. Hinduism, Buddhism. action, seen as bringing upon oneself inevitable results, good or bad, either in this life or in a reincarnation: in Hinduism one of the means of reaching Brahman. Compare bhakti (def. 1), jnana.
2. Theosophy. the cosmic principle according to which each person is rewarded or punished in one incarnation according to that person's deeds in the previous incarnation.
3. fate; destiny.
4. the good or bad emanations felt to be generated by someone or something.

ryry85
Raven
Raven

22 Aug 2008, 11:14 pm

karma does not exist, it is a stupid and antiquated idea that has no relevance to a modern society, like all religions, and needs to stamped out so humanity can move along

TutuFairy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2008, 12:19 pm

I don't know if karma exists or not. Well, I hope it does. I guess I believe it...

-Me and Schuyler

Nikolai17
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Aug 2008, 2:03 pm

I don't believe the slimy stuff you do necessarily means its going to come back and haunt you, but the more slimey stuff you do, the better chance of it happening is.

PsychonautChaos
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Aug 2008, 3:50 pm

Hey if you wanna believe in an idea that had the sole purpose of maintaining the social caste structure in india . (You're a poor **** because you did some bad stuff in your past life)
Be my quest.

As a strict fatalist I do believe some people are destined to certain things. It's not that they'll be punished for their bad behavior is just that the world is a linear rpg.
It seems like you make choices but the game has only one ending.

Fossy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Aug 2008, 8:28 pm

PsychonautChaos wrote:
Hey if you wanna believe in an idea that had the sole purpose of maintaining the social caste structure in india . (You're a poor **** because you did some bad stuff in your past life)
Be my quest.

As a strict fatalist I do believe some people are destined to certain things. It's not that they'll be punished for their bad behavior is just that the world is a linear rpg.

I'm not talking about that kind of karma. lol There are different meanings to what Karma is. I mean that kind of karma might exist too, but I'm not concerned with the next life right now. I'm concerned about this life. I don't know what happens after we die. I don't presume to know. I'm just trying to worry about what I'm doing when I'm alive because I really have no clue, and I'm not going to latch on to some idea of what happens after we die when I don't know it for a fact.

TutuFairy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2008, 1:05 am

PsychonautChaos wrote:
Be my quest.

Be your quest?

-Me and Schuyler

PsychonautChaos
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Aug 2008, 2:10 am

TutuFairy wrote:
PsychonautChaos wrote:
Be my quest.

Be your quest?

Okay so I mixed uf Q for G

According to some new age practices if you do something bad it is in yourself and therefore will be reflected in your outside world.

Fossy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Aug 2008, 9:25 pm

PsychonautChaos wrote:
TutuFairy wrote:
PsychonautChaos wrote:
Be my quest.

Be your quest?

Okay so I mixed uf Q for G

According to some new age practices if you do something bad it is in yourself and therefore will be reflected in your outside world.

I actually think there might be some truth to that. I dunno. But it doesn't have anything to do with any new age practices for me. lol Are you talking about yoga?