Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2005, 8:58 am

Do any of you judge which NTs would make good friends, based on how Intelligent they think you are or how well they tink your Brain works?

I've done that in the Past, and I still do. However, I wouldn't go up to a person who presumes that I'm Mentally Challenged (70 or less IQ) and tell them what a terrible friend they would be. I ignore those people and let them rot in their own filth. I saw two boys who were skipping Elementary School, yesterday. One of the boys yelled out part of a Rap song at me. The other bonehead whispered to him, "Actually, with her, you do this." And than he made himself sound Mentally Challenged. I'm going to have to find a different route to the Post Office, because I'm afraid that I might injure both of those boys, if they ever work their Old World Poo on me, and as a result, they might gain up on me and injure me. I'm a pretty strong Woman, but anything's possible.

I also find that if somebody tells me something that I already know or that I've known for years, I'll delibreatley avoid that person, until I get an apology. Sometimes the apology doesn't come and than that person's not in my Good Books, anymore. I could take the time to educate people, but it seems that the majority of the Typical Population is unwilling to take the time to learn. It's even worse when it happens with my own Family Members.

I hate Ignorant People! They should rot and die in HELL!

sandra3
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Nov 2005, 9:09 am

amen, people should be more awhere that there's people out there diffrent from them that can be way smarter than them.

Louise
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Nov 2005, 12:39 pm

Quote:
if somebody tells me something that I already know or that I've known for years, I'll delibreatley avoid that person, until I get an apology.
- This is only fair if they knew that you know, and are trying to offend you. Otherwise you're just being pointless.

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2005, 1:47 pm

One time I made friends with a "druggie" (seriously I think he was high every day at school, well not quite but you get the picture) eventually he bullied me so Im much more careful now.

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2005, 5:55 pm

I'm not picky about who I talk to, but I am picky about the people I'd consider actual 'friends'.
Which is one of the prime reasons I have so few.

blackdove
Toucan
Toucan

29 Nov 2005, 6:09 pm

ya. people are great! aren't they. especially these kids today. i think they're even more brain dead then thier parents.

i say f*** em all!!

Weirdos of the world UNITE!

Kiss_my_AS
Toucan
Toucan

29 Nov 2005, 10:43 pm

Yupa wrote:
I'm not picky about who I talk to, but I am picky about the people I'd consider actual 'friends'.

My thoughts exactly. When I talk to a random person I'm primarily interested in the conversation, and not much more. When I want to call someone a friend, I want to for sure that we connect well enough and we are both able and willing to accept eachother's traits so you could 'open yourself to them' whenever you feel it's the right time to do so.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2005, 10:55 pm

blackdove wrote:
ya. people are great! aren't they. especially these kids today. i think they're even more brain dead then thier parents.

i say f*** em all!!

Weirdos of the world UNITE!

That's very true. Back in the 1960s Youth were striving for World Peace, now they seem to be striving for World Hate.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2005, 12:18 am

Kiss_my_AS wrote:
Yupa wrote:

My thoughts exactly. When I talk to a random person I'm primarily interested in the conversation, and not much more. When I want to call someone a friend, I want to for sure that we connect well enough and we are both able and willing to accept eachother's traits so you could 'open yourself to them' whenever you feel it's the right time to do so.

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2005, 12:29 am

I'm really picky about my friends. I know a lot of people who probably consider me a friend since I put on my social mask when I'm around them and make no effort to avoid them, but from my perspective, they're just acquaintances. I'm an introvert in the truest sense -- most people just wear me out.

It's a rare thing for me to come across someone with whom I can immediately connect, but it does happen. Most of these real friends I actually enjoy being around have at least a few aspie traits, and I can just know what they're thinking without any of the second-guessing that comes with interacting with other people.

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2005, 1:35 am

They say a good man is hard to find? Oh no! A good friend, period, is rare as a decent show on one of the Big 5 TV networks (U.S., of course)

I just want someone who loves and accepts all of me. Not a person I have to hide parts of who I am from and put up a front that eventually frazzles my nerves. That includes my desires, spiritual beliefs, dislikes and, for goodness sake, someone who's not befriending me because they're using me as their personal project by trying to change my personality. I guess that's why I've had so few friends over my life, not because people are "evil" or anything but I can't front like others who seem to have this genetic ability to do so.