Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

jaboticaba
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Nov 2008, 7:38 am

Yeah, I've had people honk, or scream, or wave at me. I kind of like when drivers wave and yell out "hi" or something. I usually smile and wave back, because even though you don't know the person it's like if a stranger on the street walked up to you and greeted you. The only difference is that they are driving away so you don't actually have to talk to them any longer than the greeting. I enjoy this. It is uplifting to me in a perverse sort of way.

Unfortunately I have never had a bagel thrown at me while walking or jogging the city. That would be cool. I would probably try eating it if it were a flavor I didn't dislike.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2008, 3:51 am

Recently someone squirted me with a water pistol while they were at the lights. Then they sped off laughing.
I just wiped my head and walked to wherever I was going.

donhz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Dec 2008, 7:07 pm

In some parts of the US and in other countries too, not too many people walk anymore. People in cars may just be reacting to actually seeing some on foot.

I don't think the people are after you in any way. They just see you, they don't know you. They would do the same stupid things no matter who was standing there.

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2008, 7:55 pm

Least folks didn't make fun of your Daisy Duke's!

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2008, 10:54 am

mystyc wrote:
My experiences as a pedestrian:
-People yelling intelligible things at me.
-People honking at me.
-People laughing at me.
-Recently a car pulled up next to me with a guy in a Halloween mask. I think he was trying to scare me or something.

mystyc, the last one made me laugh out loud - not at you, but at the sheer idiocy of the guy. How old does he think he is?? Five?

And yes, all of the others regularly happen to me. It's stunning how many people there are who seem to think it's perfectly acceptable to shout abuse at a complete stranger going about their business just because they decide there's something about the way they look that they don't like.