Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

physicsteen
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Dec 2008, 4:43 pm

Is anyone a loner at school, work, or college? I am at my high school. I don't try to be, but I noticed I'm very eccentric which makes my peers uncomfortable. I'd rather not hang out with someone than be an unwanted precense. Actually, being a loner isn't that bad. You don't have any obligations to go to your "group" or one place. Plus, I get to do software coding in the library during lunch or research my passions.

My family blames me for lack of friends even though I know it is from having major differences and not lack of effort. I've tried many things, but nothing seems to work. So, I just decided to wait until I find someone with similar interests.

Brook-lynn20
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Dec 2008, 5:06 pm

I don't mind being a loner. I really like it, actually. Sometimes I wonder if I never cared to see people again. Once in a while is alright though.

lexis
Toucan
Toucan

28 Dec 2008, 5:27 pm

I'm a loner by choice. I've recently cut myself off from my friends and much of my family because I find them incredibly annoying and draining. xD I don't mind having no-strings discussions with people but to actually commit to their company on a long-term basis by choice? Ew!

ForsakenEagle
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Dec 2008, 6:19 pm

I like hanging out with my close friends when they are available. Otherwise, I am a complete loner.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2008, 6:40 pm

I am a loner, have been most of my life. It is rather strange, too, because I am a woman, and people tell me it's not usual for a woman to be so solitary.

Merle

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2008, 6:50 pm

I've been a loner most of my life.

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2008, 6:56 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
I am a loner, have been most of my life. It is rather strange, too, because I am a woman, and people tell me it's not usual for a woman to be so solitary.

Merle

huh? woman's are more likely to be a loner in so many levels (but ofcourse woman have alot of male attention so thats why people probably think that)

ontopic: yes, even though i have no privacy in this house :evil: (well sometimes i have like maybe a few hours) it really makes me mad as hell

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2008, 8:21 pm

I'm a loner who wishes everyday that I could live peacefully in my own little dome.

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2008, 8:23 pm

(edit) REpeated post pissing me off, since I did NOT post this twice. :x

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2008, 8:57 pm

+1

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur3140151/ratings = My Movie Vote History

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2008, 9:05 pm

LiendaBalla wrote:
(edit) REpeated post pissing me off, since I did NOT post this twice. :x

I have noticed a lot of double posts today, LiendaBalla.

Merle

Abstract_Logic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2008, 10:30 pm

I'm content with having no friends. I would much rather have online friends to chat with. It is easier for me to maintain a conversation online than it is in person. Especially if they are NTs, I don't really prefer the company of other people. However, I wouldn't mind having the company of an Aspie who has much in common with me.

SierraBell
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Dec 2008, 10:50 pm

*sigh* :?

My problem is I don't trust people to be my friend. It's hard for me to tell if they're going to BS me or if they actually will be my friend.

I usually contact people from school or long time friends on facebook or I have online friends that I contact on many other community forums.

Planning dates and doing those things is hard for me. Because I have to get my darn parents envolved and they have to know where are we going to go, what we're going to do and all of that crud. :roll: It would be sooo much easier if I just planned it all on my own and that's that. :?

I've been a loner for a very long time. I used to not care, but once I was ten years old I realized how many people just ignore me. I feel so awkward all the time. I always feel I have to hide who I am because I don't think being myself is going to work with other people. <.<

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2008, 10:53 pm

Yes, and I try to stay away from everyone (including teachers). I don't want peer relationships. The kids at my school are way to spoiled, and their values are incomparable to my own. Plus if you do get friends, all they do is s**t on you (figuratively;they unload their problems on you).

Honestly, I can't give a crap about anyone but myself, at this point, as selfish as that sounds. Got way too much on my plate to have to worry/deal with others.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2008, 11:06 pm

Solitude = good.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

SG
Raven
Raven

29 Dec 2008, 4:02 am

I was a loner, but its driving me crazy now, i need FRENS. Frens good.