Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

semipro
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jan 2009, 7:47 pm

I'm in my early 30's and wanted to get feedback on my symptoms and to just say hello. I want to meet some people and try to come out of my shell this year.

Here's the rundown..

I've always had a strong interest that I'll learn details about - like what differentiates the pros and joes in a game etc. I actually babbled on about these interests to friends until they dropped not-so-subtle hints that they could care less. These interests took over my life to the point that I've lost touch with all but my few closest friends. I don't think I value these interests more than I value people, but my actions say otherwise.

I've been withdrawn/detached for a while though I've had an active social life in the past. I'm naturally introverted but can be extroverted in spurts. Though I scored high on iq and standardized tests, some social nuances had to be pointed out to me explicitly and I've been in situations where I've felt absolutely oblivious and socially ret*d. I have to say I LOLed when I saw the data from star trek avatar - sorry not a trekkie but I have to admit that registered a bit.

Here are my online test results:

Your Aspie score: 114 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 94 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 10:29 pm

Nice to meet you, semipro. :) 8)

StarDragger
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jan 2009, 5:28 pm

Nice to meet you and welcome. :)

Though I've never been known to have extended monologues about a specific topic (especially a special interest area) as most aspies have, I have noticed since considering the possibility of me having AS that there are times when I do talk too much about specific topics.

Otherwise, I do have to say that we're a lot alike with the relatively active social life (at times at least) and all of that. I don't think I've ever had specific nuances ever pointed out to me, but then I've also had the experience of seeing others who are more outcast than I've been (not other aspies, but people with something that made them very emotionally different from most other people) and I think that's helped me pick up on the normally quite subtle hints and stuff like that.

Just out of curiosity, where'd you find that test? I've been looking for a good one to take and that one looks like it has some merit.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2009, 2:40 am

Welcome to WP!

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2009, 11:25 am

I got 177/200 on the Aspie quiz. It said I was probably an Aspie.