Sunglasses. Do you feel different behind them?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Rok
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 May 2009, 6:46 pm

I know when I wear them, I almost feel like a different person on the inside. I know it's because the person on the other end of the lenses can't see my eyes, and I take comfort in knowing that. Eye contact isn't as bad for me with them on because they can't see my eyes.

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2009, 6:49 pm

Simple answer: No.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 May 2009, 7:28 pm

Not really. And I feel like some NTs have X-ray eyes, because even with the shades on, I feel like they are peering directly into my eyes. :x

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2009, 7:52 pm

YES! With them on Im feeling so comfortable invisible. Im always so affraid that I will look a stranger in the eyes by accident when walking the streets.
But with sunglases on I can be way more brave to actually LOOK at people around which I never do without them!

ViperaAspis
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2009, 9:17 pm

YES for me too. And the leather jacket (whenever possible) adds an additional layer of heavy "armor". :)

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2009, 9:54 pm

Here is a stupid follow up on this. When you wear dark green welding goggles on a sunny day does the effect make you feel like you are in sort of a different reality or different world even though you are not?

CelticGoddess
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2009, 9:56 pm

I do feel different. I even take pics of myself wearing my sunglasses indoors. :lol: I feel like my eyes give away too much of myself. Like people can see into my soul. I much prefer my sunglasses and especially when interacting with people because I don't have to worry about where my eye focus needs to be. 8)

Dentu
Raven
Raven

15 May 2009, 10:01 pm

I don't like wearing sunglasses. Besides the aggravating pinching feeling on my face, I know that one of my greatest strengths in social situations is to lock eyes. I practice a lot in the mirror to try and convey warmness, understanding and good humor through my eyes. Wearing sunglasses is like working backwards.

WardenWolf
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2009, 10:03 pm

Yeah, I do find some things are a bit easier when I'm wearing sunglasses. No one can see my eyes.

Rok
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 May 2009, 10:26 pm

Silver_Meteor wrote:
Here is a stupid follow up on this. When you wear dark green welding goggles on a sunny day does the effect make you feel like you are in sort of a different reality or different world even though you are not?

Only when I look at the sun. It reminds me of something out of Fallout or something.

Manders
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2009, 11:39 pm

I've never really thought about it. I like the way I look in sunglasses, and it does take away eye contact stress...

So yes, I guess I do.

Witch
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 May 2009, 12:06 am

That got me to thinking; As a pilot, sunglasses are a must, but out of the aircraft, I really don't like wearing them, unless I'm driving the car. I do feel a bit different but I don't know what that difference is-possibly confidence?

Sometimes I feel like Sky Captain while wearing them. All I need now is a Beech Bonanza.