Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2009, 11:12 pm

I went to a knitting club and haha there were four women there. They were nice and included me into their conversation :)

I recommend this to everyone!

opal
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2009, 11:36 pm

sounds like fun! Were you knitting items set by the club, or do you just bring along projects you are already working on?

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2009, 11:38 pm

I sat with a cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee and said "Wow, Samantha, your socks look awesome!" and "That's a really nice color on that sweater, Sharon." they loved it! I did not bring knitting stuff, but I let the group know that if they have a pair of needles and some practice yarn to let me borrow for a while, I'll come again.

Gaya
Toucan
Toucan

23 Mar 2009, 12:20 am

Lol, that's awesome. At the group home I work in, the girls always crochet. I wonder what the difference between crocheting and knitting is. Good luck with that pursuit!

Last edited by Gaya on 24 Mar 2009, 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

z0rp
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2009, 1:30 am

Knitting club, women, conversation.. Not a bad idea.

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2009, 2:05 am

My friend got me into crocheting recently and I enjoy it more than knitting, which I did when I was younger. Either way I'd love to go to a knitting/crocheting group, I think it would be fun. Although I get bored making blankets and repetitive stuff so I might get some odd looks when people see what I make.

To Gaya: the difference between knitting and crocheting is mostly in the tools, knitting needles vs crochet hooks, that manipulate the yarn differently.

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2009, 6:00 am

8) really great that you tried :)

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2009, 8:37 pm

I won't be coming back to the knitting club because as an aspie I do not know if they like me there or not. If they hate me being there - won't I be a jerk by showing up? It's a tight women's chit-chat club, after all.

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 7:18 am

""I won't be coming back to the knitting club because as an aspie I do not know if they like me there or not. If they hate me being there - won't I be a jerk by showing up?""

Good point, that would be aweful -
but if they dont mind its cool :)
guess its hard to know if they
mind or not

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 7:32 am

Learning2Survive wrote:
I went to a knitting club and haha there were four women there. They were nice and included me into their conversation :)

I recommend this to everyone!

xaxaxa неожиданность!

I think this was a very brave action of yours! Its like if I (as a tiny youngsterlooking woman) went into a motorcyclemechanics club and asked all the tough guys if I could join in. (or something else very boyish)
If you feel you wont go back then so be it but it gave you an good experience as you had a good time this short moment in your life.
I dont think they would concider you as a jerk. They would be more interested of you and your motivation for comming there.
But on the other hand maybe they would feel limited to keep some womans only talkings in long term if you kept staying around :wink:

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 7:41 am

""I think this was a very brave action of yours! Its like if I (as a tiny youngsterlooking woman) went into a motorcyclemechanics club and asked all the tough guys if I could join in""

^
i would love to see that :lol:

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 10:00 am

Don't feel like you are intruding. If it is an open club then anyone should be welcome, as long as you dont cause trouble delibaretly or anything! I think that more people, especially guys should try knitting. It is fun and you can make yourself things. It doesn't have to be all frilly and pink either!