Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

zeppelin123
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 May 2009, 9:45 am

I wonder if this is an AS thing, but I've bonded to some of my animals almost as close as I do to my human family members, and more so than my friends. My best friend as a child was an orange tabby cat named Clide who followed me around the neighborhood. He lived with me for six years until he was taken by a coyote. I still often mention him in my prayers.

Right now, I'm really close to my 1-year-old German Shepherd, EVa.

Doncostello
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 May 2009, 11:14 am

seconded.

NomadicAssassin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 May 2009, 11:30 am

Third, i love my cat to death, even though she may not speak english i still tlk to her like a regular human, and she reacts like one too. I love her :) and yes im a guy

Albert Einstein

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 12:27 pm

^^ I believe I once created a happy topic very similar to this this friendly topic. My two kitties are perhaps my best friends I believe and do not understand why many humans consider non-humans as inferior. ^^ I love Nell and Plato so dearly.

WardenWolf
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 1:01 pm

I love my Siamese cat. I've had him 12 years. As cats go, he's amazingly good at understanding and communication. If something is wrong, he'll lead you to it, and he usually understands what you tell him. Cats sometimes will bond with one family member more than others. This one chose me, and has been my friend though some of the hardest itmes in my life. He's getting up there in years, though, and it's going to be hard when the time finally comes to say goodbye.

ardea_rising

13 May 2009, 10:07 pm

It is not just pets that I get along with better than I do people. Humans tend to make my life a misery, animals have the opposite effect. About a year ago now I had a run in with the law, although it was a while ago i hate injustice and been mocked by the boys in blue. A few months ago i had a lot of things going through my head relating to the legal case and i was really wound up about it, fist clenchingly would up, i was walking to my mothers house at the time. As i was walking a pied wagtail flew past me and landed just a few feet away from me so i stopped and watched it getting on with it's business, scuttling about bobbing it's tail as up and down as it's name suggests. There was no people about just me and that little bird but as i watched all the frustrations, anger and tension that were in my head left me, it made me feel calm and relaxed, it made me feel content and at ease, something that no human has done for me in a long long time. Until that moment i had not realised just what a huge calming effect wildlife has on me, i now spend much more time out in the local countryside walking my dog. I would not know what to do with myself without my dog, she is as mad as i am but i love her.

obnoxiously-me
Raven
Raven

14 May 2009, 4:30 am

I share the sentiment.

Here are 2 of my best friends in the world:

Rok
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 May 2009, 6:32 pm

I once had this teacup chihuahua named Sparky. I had him from the time I was in the 4th grade. He lasted 16 years with me. He was my best friend in the world. I completely understand. I sometimes wonder what animals would say if they could speak. Would they call themselves what we name them, or something awesome? Such as: "Hi, I'm Balthezar the Destroyer, teacup chihuahua and Devourer of Ankles."

StewartMango
Toucan
Toucan

15 May 2009, 8:56 pm

I LOVE my cat...unless she poops on the floor.

This is what she looks like, her name is Yoshi and she'll be 10 years old in July:

She only likes my mom, and I walked by and she bit my legs!

www.stewartmango.com

Rok
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 May 2009, 10:34 pm

Nice cat. After so many years, my dog lost all of his teeth and couldn't bite anymore.

Dentu
Raven
Raven

15 May 2009, 10:48 pm

My cat Putter's my little buddy. I helped raise him ever since he was a kitten, and he's adopted a lot of my quirks. He doesn't like a lot of people, he has strange ways of showing affection, he's sorta lazy, and he's deceptively clever. He follows me around a lot and we have little conversations in cat speak, something he won't do for other people.

I think I accidentally made my cat an aspie :lol:

thethroatstomper
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 May 2009, 10:52 pm

I connect about as often with animals as I do with people (never).

However, I am rather fond of watching insects.

Witch
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 May 2009, 2:05 am

Odd thinking about this. My daughter moved back in with us, and her dog Omar follows me all over the house. I think he likes me because I give him hot dogs and burritos. Belly rubs too.

My other daughter brought home two feral kittens, and after getting ringworm from them she wanted nothing to do with them. I ended up taking care of the cats and now they hang out with me more than others.

Animals are great for the soul. Plus they're better than most people.

Last edited by Witch on 17 May 2009, 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2009, 12:20 am

Dentu wrote:
My cat Putter's my little buddy. I helped raise him ever since he was a kitten, and he's adopted a lot of my quirks. He doesn't like a lot of people, he has strange ways of showing affection, he's sorta lazy, and he's deceptively clever. He follows me around a lot and we have little conversations in cat speak, something he won't do for other people.

I think I accidentally made my cat an aspie :lol:

I think cats are already Aspie!

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2009, 2:30 pm

Ditto. I have never been able to bond with people but treat my baby bearded dragon as if he were a child. I perfer reptiles to any other kind of pet. I don't espically like the feeling of fur against my skin. I've always perfered hairless animals. I practicaly had my hairless rat all to myself because people though she was digusting. My bearded dragon is so neat feeling. Kinda hard and soft at the same time. He's never once tried to bite and had never hissed or bearded at me. The say reptiles don't really require any kind of attention but Pippin seems to constantly want be held.

Parsaw
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 May 2009, 3:44 pm

Dude yeah my best friend is my weiner dog heidi and my cat snowflake :D

cause they're always there, and pretty much dont judge you!