Page 1 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2009, 6:32 pm

and no I'm not referring to WP people or on AIM chatting more like socialization hanging out etc. :-( I have my family but I have ZERO friends. Of course I don't get out and meet people much since I don't have a job (I get SSI) and I was in College but was suspended in Feb.2005 so that environment for meeting people is gone. :-) Not to mention the fact that my behavior upsets family,friends,students,teachers,coworkers,bosses (I had one job and kept it for 3 months then decided to quit but during that short period I upset a coworker. Boss upset is more "Go DO THIS OR THAT" Typical Boss stuff)

Rok
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 May 2009, 6:40 pm

Hmm...almost but not quite. My dilemma is that I have a few good friends that I have managed to keep over the years, but my family is the problem. I talk to none of them :? . And the times that I sometimes do talk to them, it's never a wonderful experience for me.

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2009, 6:49 pm

Lucky me. I've never been in that situation. I've had the feeling that my friends were more like aquaintances though. I don't feel like that right now.

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2009, 7:59 pm

zeldapsychology wrote:
more like socialization hanging out etc. :-( I have my family but I have ZERO friends. Of course I don't get out and meet people much since I don't have a job

That makes two of us then

starygrrl
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2009, 8:44 pm

Rok wrote:
Hmm...almost but not quite. My dilemma is that I have a few good friends that I have managed to keep over the years, but my family is the problem. I talk to none of them :? . And the times that I sometimes do talk to them, it's never a wonderful experience for me.

I am exactly the same way with my family...all sorts of unpleasantness. I do have a few good friends, but I don't see them that often. I know they are good friends because they stuck by me through meltdowns.

StewartMango
Toucan
Toucan

15 May 2009, 8:49 pm

My only friend is basically my cousin.

www.stewartmango.com

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2009, 10:31 pm

I have 0 friends. Don't even have the excuse of not being in college because I am at college. People just don't take to me for whatever reason.

Sicklee
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 May 2009, 12:59 pm

Yes. I have 0 friends. (my current wife was my only one, before she recently decided to dump me :( )

It's hard to make friends when you have none, because of the stigma attached.

Lack of social interaction also eventually makes you act even weirder, so it's kind of a vicious circle. I try to make small-talk with work colleagues to keep me sane.

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 1:32 pm

i have 0 friends too.. it's no fun.
&quite hard to make friends when you have none, ie 1 good friend can often "vouch" for you in social situations.

AJCoyne
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 May 2009, 1:43 pm

zeldapsychology wrote:
and no I'm not referring to WP people or on AIM chatting more like socialization hanging out etc. :-( I have my family but I have ZERO friends. Of course I don't get out and meet people much since I don't have a job (I get SSI) and I was in College but was suspended in Feb.2005 so that environment for meeting people is gone. :-) Not to mention the fact that my behavior upsets family,friends,students,teachers,coworkers,bosses (I had one job and kept it for 3 months then decided to quit but during that short period I upset a coworker. Boss upset is more "Go DO THIS OR THAT" Typical Boss stuff)

Yes, I can say with brutal honesty that I have no friends. I don't even have any friends here, but I've only been signed up for one day so it's not like I expect to have a close-knit online circle or anything :roll: .
Does it upset you? Does it really, really, really upset you? I don't think so. If it truly did, you wouldn't be online right now.
Does that make you feel better? Probably not.
:( Sorry, I guess I'm no good at this kind of thing.

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 1:58 pm

Yes, I have 0 friends. :( But in truth I rather have 0 friends than be around people who mistreat me and take advantage of me. In my life I've figured out one thing. Having a genuine 'friend' is almost impossible. A friend and someone you know are two completely different things.

Cicely
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 5:25 pm

Outside my family, my only friends are cats. There are a couple people at school I talk to sometimes, but I don't really consider them my friends.

outlier
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2009, 4:51 am

Another 0.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2009, 5:15 am

Right now I'm okay, but a few times in my life I felt pretty destitute. 17 was awful, because I had one good friend and he didn't even go to my school. 22 was worse, because I literally found myself ALONE. But that was the year I started praying heavily, and struck a deal with God- either help me form these ties, or help me to fully accept the situation if he won't help change it ... I think God delivered that time.

Making new friends is a *****. Period.

beastinblack
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 May 2009, 3:09 pm

I have one friend, although he is a total weirdo like me as well! The world needs more weirdos

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2009, 8:55 pm

I have a couple of good acquaintances that I get together to play board games with, but that's it.