Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Jul 2009, 3:20 am

My cats are my only friends.

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2009, 4:19 am

protest_the_hero wrote:
Lucky me. I've never been in that situation. I've had the feeling that my friends were more like aquaintances though. I don't feel like that right now.
yeah, same. it seems like my friendships never really reach a level of any stability. it's like a constant chore to keep in touch with them and maintain socialness and not just give up and recede into a state of reclusiveness. ironic that i crave social interaction like no other, but the mechanics are lost on my and it ends up in an epic fail. i'd kill thousands (spiders maybe? people would be going a little out there) to be able to be able to be among someone's best friends and not just an outlying satellite-like acquaintance. it really wears at me...

GreenPele
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jul 2009, 1:46 pm

I'm the same way, I have no true friends and my family isn't there for me because they're too busy causing drama for themselves to even pay attention to me. The closest thing I've ever had to friends were some of my teachers, because they actually showed concern over my well-being.

As far as I'm concern I'm the best friend I'll ever have for myself, because I won't betray myself and I'll be here as long as I live.

Peppermint
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Jul 2009, 7:29 pm

I basically have one friend, that I actually do stuff with and thats it. I'd like to make more, but every time I meet somebody at college that I get to know in class or something, it never pans out beyond hanging out outside of the classroom. I guess I'm just not that interesting. I don't know.

Ravenitrius
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2009, 7:43 pm

I used to have two friends but that one friend i find out turned to be a really bad friend. So now all I have is 1 friend I really trust. Somewhere soon, I will probably have 0 friends if he moves away.

Mickey
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Jul 2009, 3:54 pm

0 friends and 0 acquaintances outside of working hours. The people I work with are all 20-30 years older than me with families and such so there's not really much use trying with them and honestly have no clue where to go or how to meet new people :(

Nightrain

02 Aug 2009, 10:14 pm

Yep, zero friends here too, the only person that listens is the cat, and parents aren't interested in talking. I make small talk with one of the librarians since she knows me by name. And there's one person online who I talk with sometimes. Other than that it's just me.

immanuel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Aug 2009, 11:00 am

No IRL friends, nor indeed online ones. Several acquaintances who do my course in uni, but the thought of spending time with them outside of class holds little appeal, partly because I suck at conversation, partly because I don't find them interesting ( it's a very interesting question as to which of these is the stronger force i.e is my protested lack of interest in others( "I don't want to make friends with them") just a defense mechanism ( " I couldn't if i tried")).

iniudan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Aug 2009, 7:24 pm

No friend but I got a somewhat good family support, they just don't understand me through.

I got acquaintance but mostly people from school, nothing more then casual talk with them (which doesn't really help with feeling less lonely)

There is one nice person at work I am trying to develop a friendship with only trouble is that I got no idea if she is willing or just been more understanding and patient then most NT. I admit it taking a heavy toll on my mind, but I need to try for it the only person outside my family that showed some care in me in years, just always afraid I will fear her away with my awkwardness.

There is also my old best friend (NT) from when I was a kid, it just that we took very diverging path around 12-14 years old, only person that actually come toward me when we encounter each other again, just fear that that if I try to renew the friendship he will find myself too weird now or come to see it cannot be what it was.

All I really want is 1 or 2 people in my life that are at least willing to make a step toward me from time to time, for I admit always been the one doing the step just overwhelm me.

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2009, 10:55 am

I don't necessary have any friends whom would so-call, fit the picture of what an actual friend is. :oops: :( .Though, I realise that sometimes it's probably I give up on friendships too easy and don't really try hard enough.Honestly, I've found it difficult in not only making friends but, being able to maintain a consistency of friendship altogether..There are many varibles that have caused such troubles and some of them are my own eternally damned fault whereas, others are due to circumstance and such..I'd like to point out that it takes a great amount of heart & courage in trying to make friends as, one can't be expected for such to merely happen at the snap of a finger.But, also you have to be cautious not to align one's self amongst malignant persons either.. I hope this does help on a positive nature, for I'd not wish to have my words merely cause a negative reaction..

notsureifiam
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Aug 2009, 4:47 pm

GoatOnFire wrote:
I have 0 friends. Don't even have the excuse of not being in college because I am at college. People just don't take to me for whatever reason.
Probably my wife is the only friend I have.

I do have acquaintances that I like and get along with but am not sure if any of them are freinds or even really like me or are just being kind because they are good people.

LucidDreamGod
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Aug 2009, 9:42 pm

I have only one fairly close friend that I talked to regulerly well in school. And it is only because he insists on doing the talking, I just listen 95% of the time. Other then that just people I have the occasional talk with every few weeks or so.

As I've gotten older my desire to fit in has kind of fallen out, I think the only reason I wanted to before was because I was in love and I wanted to show that person that I could be likable.

Honestly most of my social energy just manisfests its self as thoughts, and then its gone. No need to share thoughts with other people if I can just share them with myself is pretty much what I think most of the time. I respond to all my thoughts just like a normal person would accept for my much more open mind to my own thoughts ofcourse. Not saying people arn't open minded its jsut some tiems my thoughts are weird and unusual. Whenever peopel ask me to speak from my thoughts I jsut can't, because my thoughts come when they choose to come.

For along time I've always looked at myself as two entities, my subconscious that just brings random things to mind, and my conscious that responds to them.

And I feel like every conversation I have is forced, only when I talk to my brother and parents and I'm not focusing is it not forced. Then words just come out and I don't think about it. In other situations I have to slow down my voice manualy and think of what to say before saying it. When I do it in my head thoughts just float in and I take them in one at a time. Never do I start saying oh its time to start thinking about this and that.

Wolfen
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Aug 2009, 3:36 pm

Not really 0 friends. I'm coming along very well with some people in my new class (we're all around 16~20 and didn't know ANYONE when joining the new class - so this time I'm not the "strange, new pupil"... so glad about that)

But I've lost my best friend some years ago and currently I have no one to meet after school or something.
Only my dog (damn, that sounds poor)

Quote:
And I feel like every conversation I have is forced, only when I talk to my brother and parents and I'm not focusing is it not forced.

I completely understand what you mean ^^; I'm so happy my new classmates accept me as a quiet person.