Page 6 of 7 [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,195
Location: USA

27 Mar 2014, 10:41 am

Hopper wrote:
starvingartist wrote:
Hopper wrote:
Philosofer123 wrote:
Hi Denny. I'm still here, and I look forward to any additional feedback you may have.


WTF? I think in the interests of honesty ...



i don't think the OP is interested in honesty. he may have listed it as a virtue in his document, but i suspect that's simply because he's read somewhere that most people perceive honesty to be a virtue, not because it's something he actually aspires to or understands the purpose of.

if it were, his participation in this thread and the document it's about would not be so disingenuous.


Too true. It pisses me off.

My worry: Breaking news of a public mass shooting. The suspect is a male retired executive. Shakey, tinny smartphone footage of him:

There is no God! [Bang] There is no afterlife! [Bang]. There is no responsibility! [Bang]. There is no morality! [Bang]. There is no meaning! [Bang] Serentiy now! Serentity now! Serenity now! [Multiple shots].

[Edit: *as in, say, tranquilizers and stuff]


I think this is closest to Philosfer's philosophy ...

We discussed several months ago in a topic I created, see here ... http://www.wrongplanet.net/postx248056-210-0.html

I could not get the time indexing to work, start a 43:35, where the neuroscientist speaks about humans not having "free will" per se .... the neuroscientist argues that influences determine "free will"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yp3Wr2yKrY[/youtube]



starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Age: 43
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,032

27 Mar 2014, 2:24 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Hopper wrote:
starvingartist wrote:
Hopper wrote:
Philosofer123 wrote:
Hi Denny. I'm still here, and I look forward to any additional feedback you may have.


WTF? I think in the interests of honesty ...



i don't think the OP is interested in honesty. he may have listed it as a virtue in his document, but i suspect that's simply because he's read somewhere that most people perceive honesty to be a virtue, not because it's something he actually aspires to or understands the purpose of.

if it were, his participation in this thread and the document it's about would not be so disingenuous.


Too true. It pisses me off.

My worry: Breaking news of a public mass shooting. The suspect is a male retired executive. Shakey, tinny smartphone footage of him:

There is no God! [Bang] There is no afterlife! [Bang]. There is no responsibility! [Bang]. There is no morality! [Bang]. There is no meaning! [Bang] Serentiy now! Serentity now! Serenity now! [Multiple shots].

[Edit: *as in, say, tranquilizers and stuff]


I think this is closest to Philosfer's philosophy ...

We discussed several months ago in a topic I created, see here ... http://www.wrongplanet.net/postx248056-210-0.html

I could not get the time indexing to work, start a 43:35, where the neuroscientist speaks about humans not having "free will" per se .... the neuroscientist argues that influences determine "free will"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yp3Wr2yKrY[/youtube]


i'm having real difficulty watching this video--the sound is distorted and hurts my ears, it's making it impossible to listen to what they're saying--is there a video somewhere with better sound, or perhaps a transcript of the discussion?



aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 62
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,828

27 Mar 2014, 4:51 pm

Well..here's the thing about reality and unique views of it...otherwise known as philosophy...personal philosophy....

They vary...

i have free will..NOW..but did not always have it..so understanding life like this..there is the possibility that some folks have it and some folks do not...

And what i mean by free will..IS i have the mental power to control my emotions..control my physical body..where extremes in temperature do not phase me..and even regenerate my youth at closing in on 54 now..for a person considered no more than in their 40's...

And through my free will..i am also able to complete physical feats of strength the same as elite forces in the military..as i am a retired DOD employee and work out with them..at the gym i helped to build..as an Athletic Director in my government service there...

But again ..before i developed free will.. i was just a normal human...at the autistic level....

And if you think i'm just blowing smoke out my arse..IT IS..ALL documented THROUGH my link below by my pen name...as a free verse poet just for FUN....:)

But here's the deal..none of this FREE WILL..came through my three degrees in college or a potpourri of work experience with the government at employee and yes executive level too...

It was all done with human instinct..no knowledge at all was required..and in fact a road block to the bliss of free will i have now..

My major source of fortune..IS gaining 19 medical disorders...including the worst pain known to mankind.. type two trigeminal neuralgia..making FULL effective use of my eyes and ears..useless for over 5 years...

I was forced to find human instinct..to survive..and i accomplished that with a philosophy now..curing all illness..at the remediation level at least..including the reciprocal communication difficulties of autism..scoring an 11 on the AQ test as opposed to 45 out of 50 just 9 months ago...

A philosophy that that has no name..but action..consequence and energy...

So in general for an excellent metaphor..my philosophy...is the philosophy of GOD...

or atomic energy....or the all that is..at the smallest and largest level....

No need for words..when a person lives by a philosophy of energy..and control of emotions..both experienced and not experienced...

But this is human enlightenment .. the similar stuff that Buddha..Jesus..Muhammad..and all the other truly fortunate philosopher folks in life found through no knowledge of their own...

Except human instinct..what works..and works miracles ..literal miracles in a person's life..and others too....

My manifesto and philosophy..with words.. IS simple...four words...

Let IT GO..flow...

Not likely you will find it anywhere on a google search said by anyone but me...

And if you find it...and look deep enough..you will see at least the optical illusion..of my
right hand as eagle talon..3 clawed dragon..and Angel too..and that is no joke..i am dead serious about it...
unaltered raw photo footage from an iPhone 5 camera...and a one time event as well..never REPORTEDLY seen in photos anywhere
else..by any light reflection or coincidence..by anyone else....

And i do not judge this one way or the other..It just happened and the photos exist is all i need to
know about it..NOW....

I create my own philosophy..i copy no other...and again i let it go..flow..conscious thought is not even
necessary most often...

i create...and this is where human mind control of atomic like energy can most definitely come from..Kundalini..CHI.QI..KI.etc...etc....

lot of historical symbols for the essence of this truth of higher power of human potential and energy..also known as GOD..the GREAT CONNECTING force..that makes some folks..much more powerful than others..in many..many ways..and the evidence of that for feats of brilliance in intellect and physical anomalies in strength..are too numerous to list here...

i'm certainly not the only one..with FREE WILL IN THIS WORLD...BUT NAH..IT AIN'T TOO COMMON..NOR CONTROLLED BY SILLY LITTLE HUMAN ABSTRACT CONCEPTS OF LANGUAGE..SILLY LITTLE HUMAN COLLECTIVE INTELLIGENCE..OR SILLY LITTLE HUMAN COMPLEX CULTURAL..BRAIN WASHING ROUTINES..TO MOVE A HUMAN..AWAY FROM INSTINCT...AND THESE HIGHER HUMAN POWERS...AGAIN..OTHERWISE KNOWN AS GOD..

to subjugate..and control..freedoms...with great focus on reproductive freedoms specifically..for material gains..to make the herd the slave of those with the power..but nah..it ain't got to be that way...for those who find fullest human freedom..and the power of the connection of all that is...TO POWER THEIR LIFE....FOR FREE..WILL....

That ALL the big words in the world..will never likely be FULLY adequate to EVEN COME CLOSE TO FULLY describe...
IT..OTHERWISE KNOWN AS GOD...
or in other words again...



Let IT GO..flow...

AND MAY BE.. JUST MAYBE.. FIND GOD...


I also do not play the actor in someone else's play..

ergo..this response....;)..

I read your philosophy...but have seen it repeated over and over on this website.. already...from some folks proudly waving
their 'formed' atheist flags...just in slightly different words..with no REAL CREATIVE EFFORT...to describe the flow.. the water..not the form...or chalice...

THAT PART COMES FROM 'HE ART'.. NOT
INTELLECT...alone...

A DIVIDED MIND..IS ONLY HALF A MIND..

FOR POTENTIAL FULL INTELLIGENCE..THE MOST INCREDIBLE POWER CURRENTLY ..NOT fully UNDERSTOOD..IN THE UNIVERSE..AS HUMANS nowKNOW IT...

ALL MY OPINON..THOUGH...

AS THAT IS ALL PHILOSOPHY IS..PERSONAL OPINION..AS ALL HUMANS EXPERIENCE LIFE..UNLIKE EACH OTHER...SO EACH AND EVERY PERSON..ERGO..COULD POTENTIALLY DEVELOP THEIR OWN..philossophy..AND THATIS A GREAT IDEA IN MY ESTIMATION
SHARED OR NOT....
and agreed upon or not..

Your philosophy sounds reasonable to me for the truth of your life...

But complete nonsense for mine..as mine likely is too..for you....

Which makes a review of philosophy..a rather..strange thing to ask...

in just my opinion..but i have an open mind..and am always willing to entertain..the strange...

There is always the potential for another door to be opened as long as one mind stays opinion...to the
opinion of ALL OTHERS...NEVER DISCOUNTING A UNIQUE HUMAN BEING VIEW..AS
ONE CAN LEARN FROM ANYONE..GENIUS..OR NOT..ARTIST..OR NOT...

THE COMMON MAN HISTORICALLY..USUALLY DEVELOPS THE BEST PHILOSOPHIES..SIMPLY

AS THEY HAVE MORE TIME TO THINK....

THAT IS ALL
IT IS..

ANYWAY...

AGAIN...PERSONAL.. UNIQUE LIFE..OPINION....:)

NEVER A GOSPEL TRUTH..

AS GOD ONLY HAS EYES FOR THAT....

AND WE GET A PEEK EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE...
MOST FORTUITOUSLY ....

through folks Like the historical Jesus..Mohammad..and Buddha..and a round
of thousands of others..many complete..unknowns...

But never the less..ENLIGHTENED..SERVING GOD'S UNIQUE PURPOSE FOR 'EM...

THAT AGAIN..CAN ONLY BE FOUND THROUGH 'HE ART'...NOT INTELLECT...ALONE....


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Jul 2013
Age: 79
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,730
Location: On top of the world

31 Mar 2014, 11:57 am

Philosofer123:

Do you believe the universe continues after your death?

And is it your belief your personal philosophy doesn't need to extend past the point of your dissolution?



Philosofer123
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 18 Mar 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 33

31 Mar 2014, 1:07 pm

ZenDen wrote:
Philosofer123:

Do you believe the universe continues after your death?


Yes.

ZenDen wrote:
And is it your belief your personal philosophy doesn't need to extend past the point of your dissolution?


What do you mean by a personal philosophy "extending" past the point of one's dissolution?



aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 62
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,828

31 Mar 2014, 1:36 pm

OH!..and a little more on HE ART for ya...

http://katiemiafrederick.com/2014/03/31/he-art/

My influence will be here long after i am dead...

As i create..

i am not an actor in some one else's play...

i write my life..

in ALL ways...

EternITy is SACRED LOVE..

NOT letters

or forms...
or words...

The water of the chalice is
what
IS
REAL..

The chalice holds no water..
'al one'...

http://katiemiafrederick.com/2014/03/31/al-one/


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


Last edited by aghogday on 31 Mar 2014, 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Age: 43
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,032

31 Mar 2014, 1:39 pm

aghogday wrote:
OH!..and a little more on HE ART for yah...

http://katiemiafrederick.com/2014/03/31/he-art/

My influence will be here long after i am dead...

As i create..

i am not an actor in some one else's play...

i write my life..

in ALL ways...

EternITy is SACRED LOVE..

NOT letters

or forms...
or words...

The water of the chalice is
what
IS
REAL..

The chalice holds no water..
'al one'...


i agree with what you're saying about heart and mind being equally important--but i don't think philosofer123 will pay any attention to it. which is a shame, if you ask me, because it sounds like he could learn a lot from you. :)



aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 62
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,828

31 Mar 2014, 2:00 pm

starvingartist wrote:
aghogday wrote:
OH!..and a little more on HE ART for yah...

http://katiemiafrederick.com/2014/03/31/he-art/

My influence will be here long after i am dead...

As i create..

i am not an actor in some one else's play...

i write my life..

in ALL ways...

EternITy is SACRED LOVE..

NOT letters

or forms...
or words...

The water of the chalice is
what
IS
REAL..

The chalice holds no water..
'al one'...


i agree with what you're saying about heart and mind being equally important--but i don't think philosofer123 will pay any attention to it. which is a shame, if you ask me, because it sounds like he could learn a lot from you. :)


Yes i know..but my strength is i never give up..i'm not trying to prove i'm right about anything on this site.

i'm just trying my bestest..to help folks be happy..and free as artists..instead of autists..

It saved my life..my soul..my spirit..and connection with what i
describe as GOD..
so i cannot help but try...

but anyway..i flow..i just let it go..

And with the darkness IS inspiration of yet..greater levels of light...

This site is my inspiration..unfortunately for the folks who inhabit it..
FOR the darkness they live..in.. with He art..instead of heart...

But if i can inspire them here in anyway..as i travel to other places to inspire others..
with greater propensity...toward simple human enlightenment.. that is a plus..

But i neither have limitation or expectation in life..What WILL be WILL be..

unless folks develop their
OWNED WILL..

not that of any other..
'al one'..

but with that said..
here's another copy of an inspiration..a few moments..ago..
from the darkness..
here...

http://katiemiafrederick.com/2014/03/31/al-one/

i am free!
and yes! i am a hungry
artist
too..;)
with an appetite
for the FULLEST LIFE..
as
WELL!:)


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Jul 2013
Age: 79
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,730
Location: On top of the world

01 Apr 2014, 12:01 pm

Philosofer123 wrote:
ZenDen wrote:
Philosofer123:

Do you believe the universe continues after your death?


Yes.

ZenDen wrote:
And is it your belief your personal philosophy doesn't need to extend past the point of your dissolution?


What do you mean by a personal philosophy "extending" past the point of one's dissolution?


Since we posit a universe after our death is it not rational to include this universe in our planning/learning/training as part of our goal after our dissolution? Is dissolution only an escape for you? Although you allow for other (and other's) states of mind (which don't violate the regression) you don't offer this as part of "your" philosophy.

No "Do not go gently....." for you my friend?



Philosofer123
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 18 Mar 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 33

01 Apr 2014, 12:05 pm

ZenDen wrote:
Although you allow for other (and other's) states of mind (which don't violate the regression) you don't offer this as part of "your" philosophy.


Not true. I acknowledge that empathy is a fundamental consideration (see page 5), and I explicitly incorporate empathy into my guidelines for behavior (see pages 11-12). My philosophy is perfectly consistent with caring about what happens to others after one dies.



ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Jul 2013
Age: 79
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,730
Location: On top of the world

02 Apr 2014, 9:42 am

Philosofer123 wrote:
ZenDen wrote:
Although you allow for other (and other's) states of mind (which don't violate the regression) you don't offer this as part of "your" philosophy.


Not true. I acknowledge that empathy is a fundamental consideration (see page 5), and I explicitly incorporate empathy into my guidelines for behavior (see pages 11-12). My philosophy is perfectly consistent with caring about what happens to others after one dies.


Thank you. Yes, I noticed your acknowledgement of empathy and it's benefits.

And I apologize: I was concentrating on the "my", as in your "my philosophy" and seeking more detail. A request to critique a "philosophy for all mankind" might be a simpler and more accurate request if there can be no reference to "you" (P123) in particular. I understand your wish for anonymity, but if anonymous "privacy" is not an issue, then questions should be responded to on a personal basis. I'm certain you notice we do a lot of that around here.

If your post is actually a request to critique a universal philosophy, I'd have responded to say you had a good teacher and commented appropriately, but with the reference to the "personal" nature of your request, and in order to do so in fact, I must ask personal questions and receive "personal" answers.

I'm perfectly happy & willing to engage in any direction you choose in this pleasant exchange.



ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Jul 2013
Age: 79
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,730
Location: On top of the world

02 Apr 2014, 11:33 am

aghogday wrote:
[i agree with what you're saying about heart and mind being equally important--but i don't think philosofer123 will pay any attention to it. which is a shame, if you ask me, because it sounds like he could learn a lot from you. :)


Yes i know..but my strength is i never give up..i'm not trying to prove i'm right about anything on this site.

i'm just trying my bestest..to help folks be happy..and free as artists..instead of autists..

It saved my life..my soul..my spirit..and connection with what i
describe as GOD..
so i cannot help but try...

but anyway..i flow..i just let it go..

And with the darkness IS inspiration of yet..greater levels of light...

This site is my inspiration..unfortunately for the folks who inhabit it..
FOR the darkness they live..in.. with He art..instead of heart...

But if i can inspire them here in anyway..as i travel to other places to inspire others..
with greater propensity...toward simple human enlightenment.. that is a plus..

But i neither have limitation or expectation in life..What WILL be WILL be..

unless folks develop their
OWNED WILL..

not that of any other..
'al one'..

but with that said..
here's another copy of an inspiration..a few moments..ago..
from the darkness..
here...

http://katiemiafrederick.com/2014/03/31/al-one/

i am free!
and yes! i am a hungry
artist
too..;)
with an appetite
for the FULLEST LIFE..
as
WELL!:)[/quote]

I really like what you say. A thought I like to keep in my mind from time to time echoes the old rock song lyrics: "Flowers Everywhere" (and you and I (and people such as ourselves) create the 'flowers along our path.' :D )

denny



aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 62
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,828

02 Apr 2014, 12:14 pm

ZenDen wrote:
I really like what you say. A thought I like to keep in my mind from time to time echoes the old rock song lyrics: "Flowers Everywhere" (and you and I (and people such as ourselves) create the 'flowers along our path.' :D )

denny


Thanks ZenDen i appreciate that..and i like Flowers Everywhere lyric too...

'TRUTH of NOW and THEN'

In my little town..

in the 60's and 70's..

the only REAL philosophy to find..

IS in lyrics of popular culture..

SO THANK GOD! for ROCK and ROLL..!

PROPHETS of the NEW AGE...!

Fully 'en taled' tHere..:)

for mass distribution..

of enlightenING WAYS...!

to 'heard' of populace...!

If only Jesus..

Muhammad..

and Buddha..

UTILIZE technology..!

for mass communication..!

in song and music..!

THEN..

But it does not matter..

as UNIVERSAL TRUTH..!

IS no eyes..

tongue..

or movement..

in only one human

NOW!

or

THEN!

as well..

as any collection..

of intelligence..

or complex culture..

to prison TRUTH...

as

WELL in NOW!

or

THEN...!

NOW IS TRUTH AS WELL..!

AS THEN...!

EYES..TONGUES..

AND MOVEMENT..

MAY COLOR DIFFERENTly...

BUT ESSENCE OF TRUTH..!

STAYS..

SaME!

http://katiemiafrederick.com/2014/04/02 ... -and-then/

"When two or more of ya..
WILL BE PRESENT
'I' WILL
BE
with
YA"
IN MORE WAY
than
one
more FULLY AS
ONE

WILL


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


Philosofer123
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 18 Mar 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 33

02 Apr 2014, 12:33 pm

ZenDen wrote:
If your post is actually a request to critique a universal philosophy,


Yes, I aspire to objectivity, and I would like to keep the discussion objective.

I look forward to any other comments or questions that you may have.



ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Jul 2013
Age: 79
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,730
Location: On top of the world

04 Apr 2014, 11:57 am

Philosofer123 wrote:
ZenDen wrote:
If your post is actually a request to critique a universal philosophy,


Yes, I aspire to objectivity, and I would like to keep the discussion objective.

I look forward to any other comments or questions that you may have.


In the beginning of your philosophy you supply a list of your philosophical positions and in the second half you suggest ways to understand and apply this philosophy.

The subjects of the first part (atheism, etc.) of your philosophy are each a discussion unto themselves, but by asserting the regress you claim these positions are unique to yourself and since we are not discussing you or your personal reasons for living so, I will proceed to the second part of your philosophy (the part I enjoy the most).



Philosofer123
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 18 Mar 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 33

04 Apr 2014, 12:56 pm

ZenDen wrote:
by asserting the regress you claim these positions are unique to yourself


How does the regress argument for free will impossibilism amount to a claim that my philosophical positions are unique to myself?

ZenDen wrote:
I will proceed to the second part of your philosophy (the part I enjoy the most).


I look forward to your feedback.