Eligible Odd-Bods! - The Premier Aspergian Singles List

Page 207 of 239 [ 3818 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210 ... 239  Next

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2014, 7:21 am

This thread, imho, is The greatest waste of energy, thought and hope
apart from war, religion and diets
ON THE INTERNET!! !
:wink:

PsychTheDragon
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Jun 2014, 8:39 am

not sure if people are still looking at this but... I can sort of post something I guess.

Orientation: Straight

I tend to think very creatively and enjoy good conversations that involve such things, I've been drawing anime and cartoons since I was in middle school, it was my copping mechanism when I was depressed all those years ago, and what has influenced me in what I wish to pursue in life and my purpose.

I also like video games, reading, and learning too.

Looking for a male close to or at my age that has the same or similar interests and a good sense of humor, supportive, and loving.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2014, 10:47 am

syzygyish wrote:
ON THE INTERNET!! !

This thread is a mess.

However we have kindly pointed out that we are more than willing to branch out into as many regional threads as the community believes are needed repeatedly and that message gets ignored over and over.

I cant be the one starting the regional threads because I do not know how most countries are usually divided into regions/which parts of the US or even UK are near each other(I literally asked a friend travel 300000 metres thinking London was somewhere near Manchester) .

I can however:
- Start linking to new regional threads you create from here(one sticky about dating should be enough).
-Move any new post made here to one of the regional ones....

For that to happen I need the people that are interested in it happening to start creating the threads.

Now watch this post get ignored :lol:

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2014, 10:47 am

syzygyish wrote:
ON THE INTERNET!! !

This thread is a mess.

However we have kindly pointed out that we are more than willing to branch out into as many regional threads as the community believes are needed repeatedly and that message gets ignored over and over.

I cant be the one starting the regional threads because I do not know how most countries are usually divided into regions/which parts of the US or even UK are near each other(I literally asked a friend travel 300000 metres thinking London was somewhere near Manchester) .

I can however:
- Start linking to new regional threads you create from here(one sticky about dating should be enough).
-Move any new post made here to one of the regional ones....

For that to happen I need the people that are interested in it happening to start creating the threads.

Now watch this post get ignored

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2014, 1:05 pm

^
spongy, I think the problem lies in giving no suggestion as to how to go about defining the region. I mean, the contiguous states of the US alone rival near the size of Europe as our states are often the size of countries. Would you link 50+ threads if that many were made by members just for the US?

Seriously though, even listing a thread for California would have many that are too far away to regularly meet up in person... I think California alone is almost twice the size of the UK, which because of size, is why Californians will often go on to mention being either in Southern or Northern California as if they're in a separate state. So, even us listing states, in many cases, won't put those in the US within close enough proximity to date outside of semi long distance.

Also, how would you suggest titling the sub threads... "Eligible Odd-Bods: Name of Region" ?. They should probably be rather uniform for convenience of spotting them, and also so that those charged with making the threads don't question what they title the thread and decide not to make it out of anxiety induced confusion of doing it wrong.

I was thinking to make a thread for the US West Coast, as it would make sifting through three states relatively easy. I think organizing the US by state is technically overkill in trying to create convenience. Someone could do the same for the East Coast, Alaska, and Hawaii (mind there would still be sifting to discern who was obviously out of reach, but it wouldn't be the same task as having to look through countless member ads from all over the world that aren't even close to home)... but I don't know how the whole massive midsection of the US would be categorized. Or would you suggest to just make threads by state for those in the US to eliminate confusion despite the creation of many more threads to organize? I mean, it might be best to go by State, as it would eliminate confusion of other big countries trying to discern their regions... I can't imagine a generic Australia thread would be any more helpful than a simple USA thread to aid searches for proximity either.

Really though, I certainly see no point to post an ad in this specific thread. It goes back far too many pages, and most of the members throughout likely don't even come to WP anymore. Not to mention, one page is often quickly obscured by the next in bored banter. I assume that's why many don't bother to post their availability in here, since that's one reason why I haven't myself.

Lastly, if the regions were actually properly made, it almost seems like it should be a new sticky thread for the directory. I don't know how many times I've seen posts by posters that clearly never actually read the OP and were based solely on responding to a thread's title in my time here, so I assume most wouldn't even notice the directory of links to the specific regions to begin with if you just edit them into page one of this massive mess of a thread.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2014, 2:35 pm

I have to contact other moderators before doing anything because I want this to be a group decision

With that said:
We could create a new sticky and leave this as a normal thread

I cant define regions because I have no knowledge on most countries just as I stated.

I understand that the US is bigger than Europe itself .

We could just leave a new thread with an entry post that asked you to click for the UK/ USA /whatever threads and leave each on a separate post as to link members properly I guess.

Eligible Odd-Bods: Name of Region could work if people want to follow the current standard. Then again I keep seeing meetup threads that try to attract the readers interest as much as possible and while eligible odd bods is self explanatory some people may want to add something like we dont bite or whatever they wish I guess.

If you are currently on the US West Coast and wish to create said thread you can create it right now.
The title could always be updated if people find the region to be too wide

I personally have no experience with the US and dont know how it should be divided. With that said if people think it would be wise to create one for each state we can do things by state .

I personally have nothing against creating several threads for each country because I doubt people will create them all at once, which would be annoying to most members, and if people believe this would make things easier for them Im all for it

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2014, 3:09 pm

I like the idea of a locked, sticky topic with a master index of links to regional dating threads. That way, we don't run into the problem of having too many sticky topics cluttering the top of the board. It could include something like, pm spongy if you want to start a new regional thread and have it included in this index.

That way, people can start or browse individual threads for whatever size region they want. Some people will travel across the country or internationally to meet someone they like, and other people will not or cannot travel to the next town over. If it gets out of hand, then we can discuss making guidelines or setting limits.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2014, 3:55 pm

spongy wrote:
Eligible Odd-Bods: Name of Region could work if people want to follow the current standard. Then again I keep seeing meetup threads that try to attract the readers interest as much as possible and while eligible odd bods is self explanatory some people may want to add something like we dont bite or whatever they wish I guess.

If you are currently on the US West Coast and wish to create said thread you can create it right now.
The title could always be updated if people find the region to be too wide

I personally have no experience with the US and dont know how it should be divided. With that said if people think it would be wise to create one for each state we can do things by state .

I made a thread "Eligible Odd-Bods : USA, West Coast" to get the ball rolling... like you said, I just assumed the name of the thread could be changed if it's too vast. As far as labeling by state, I think the biggest issue is just having the entire world being lumped into one thread. With the West Coast, there are only three states, and I believe people can easily sift through three states to find what they consider acceptably close or not. For those willing to date on the other side of the country or even world, they could just look up whatever regions they please for others similarly inclined.

Like JR said, I think perhaps it would be good if there was just a locked moderator controlled L&D singles dating link index type thread. It could have links for all the singles regions threads, and whatever else of similar import within. Though, I think that's what I gathered you were suggesting.

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2014, 4:03 pm

what about a dating-add sub forum where people just post threads with their details, they can bump them when they want more interest or let them sink into oblivion when they find someone or give up. Each thread title could have 'age/sex/location.

I know a whole sub forum is asking a lot but it would be easier and more accessible than aspie affection and get more results than this thread.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2014, 4:12 pm

I didn't mean to come across as though I thought of the idea of a sticky index, sorry. I just had some ideas about the details. How about Index of Regional Dating Threads for a title?

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2014, 4:21 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
I didn't mean to come across as though I thought of the idea of a sticky index, sorry. I just had some ideas about the details. How about Index of Regional Dating Threads for a title?

Ah, I think I read what you said too quickly, now I see what you meant. I do think that's a good idea for the thread name though.

I wonder if I shouldn't change the name of the thread to "Regional Dating: USA, West Coast" or "Singles: USA, West Coast" or something of the sort... it sounds much better. I've always thought Eligible Odd-Bods sounded silly and nearly insulting :?

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2014, 4:26 pm

I agree with you about Eligible Odd-Bods. I enjoy self-mockery, but I still don't like it.

I'd prefer to avoid the word singles, as it excludes polyamorous people.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2014, 4:48 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
I agree with you about Eligible Odd-Bods. I enjoy self-mockery, but I still don't like it.

I'd prefer to avoid the word singles, as it excludes polyamorous people.

I hadn't thought about that... Hmm.

I'll just leave it as is and see what comes to be. Maybe I'll ask to have the name changed later. I do think some uniformity in the region titles would be helpful in identifying how to make them for other members who wish to make one for their regions, and make thinking of a title rather painless.

"Regional Dating: USA, West Coast" would probably be very easy to make out if the sticky is called something along the lines of "The Index of Regional Dating Threads", but without the sticky with the related title and a description of it's general purpose, I don't know that the title standing on it's own would make as much sense.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2014, 5:50 pm

One problem I notice in this thread, aside from the obvious ones: half of the people don't say where they live or what gender they are. Pretty important pieces of info if you ask me!

PsychTheDragon
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Jun 2014, 9:33 pm

Stargazer43 wrote:
One problem I notice in this thread, aside from the obvious ones: half of the people don't say where they live or what gender they are. Pretty important pieces of info if you ask me!

Yes, that is important. also meeting in a public place is important as well, in case of emergency. Sometimes you can never be too careful on the internet. ^^;

logicaea
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Jun 2014, 11:21 pm

My first post, from a cell phone at that. I am tired of trying relationships with NTs, none of which have worked out well. I am attracted to quirks, logic process, rational discussions, compassion, justice and honor. I never knew there were others like me.

I want to talk, I want to laugh.... but I do not find any humor in putting people in boxes or putting down differences... something many men NTs seem to find humor in. Totally not for me. Its seems they are quick to point out that there is something wrong with me if I dont find their jokes funny or get angry at me when I explain why I dont. Well... they are right. I am not normal.

I believe in justice equality responsibility and thinking. I am all over the USA for my job. I work for myself and am somewhat a hermit by choice. I love life and find humor and amazement in small things. I am in great shape, outgoing by nature but have learned to be introverted from experience.

I would love to text or chat with anyone who can value me as a human being.