Does a Man really have to go out and by $150 Jeans etc?

Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

HomoHick
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jun 2009, 7:44 pm

Im one of the idiots that do....

I love my diesel and 7 for all mankind jeans, they feel 10X's better then any of the cheaper brands. I do my best to find them on clearance and sales... I have never paid full price for them, but even at 99.99 its still expensive. But I work hard and damnit if i want it im going to get it! :D

CelticGoddess
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2009, 7:53 pm

I spend between $70-90 on my jeans and I don't have a problem with that given that they last me years. I found a brand I love that fits me well so I go with it. If I can get it on sale, even better. 8)

murasaki_ahiru
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jun 2009, 9:29 pm

Zoonic wrote:
I agree that aspies would be more succesful in certain social situations, like dating, if they didn't deny the importance of superficial traits and vanity. It's important to look good and do anything to look as good as possible. That includes living healthy, working out, cosmetic improvements and clothing.

Why do so many aspies deny these things are important but yet whine that people see them as repulsive.

A socially unskilled aspie who looks like sh** will be treated badly. A socially unskilled aspie who looks better than the average NT will have his lack of social skills seen as a cute and quirky trait, almost attractive in many cases.

Superficial handicap is actually the biggest reason why aspies can't date. Ugly NT's, believe it or not, ALSO have that problem. The ugly NT's who do get in relationships have some very special talents like incredible sense of humour, are wealthy or meet partners who have some sort of personality disorder (borderlinish etc) who are drawn to them more for being a bad guy than for their looks, as an example.

Im with you on this. I may have AS but I do do care about how I look to others and to myself.I don't go overboard with spending money on clothes but im not a tightwad either.I have my look and Im happy with it. I go to the gym and stuff like that. I know AS people that are so gross and have not fashion sense or know what a shower is, but you can say that there are NT people who are the same. No wonder I can relate better to gay people better than disabled.

Hummys
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jun 2009, 9:52 pm

I think it's crazy that people will spend thousands of dollars each year on clothes. I get most of my clothes as gifts.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2009, 9:46 am

wait... i actually reemember that that previous one wasn't my most expensive.

back in high school, i used to be for lack of better words a hot topic addict. so i do remember spending at least $200 on an overcoat there just because it looked awesome.

as for what zoonic mentioned, I agree with that. because i try to have a style and keep myself clean and whatnot (doesnt mean my hair is neat, going for more of a grunge look currently, so its long and unkempt, but still clean). And because of that, my personality quirks usually get ignored unless i confront them acting like i do. (current personality is just an all-around pessimist with huge confidence issues, and a fierce hatred for a lot of society) Even then, sometimes Ive had women think angsty cute about my personality. Its just after they have gotten to know me a bit better they tend to lose interest.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2009, 3:39 am

From an L & D standpoint: Where I'm from women would think you were gay if you wore $150 jeans (assuming you're a dude). Living in a redneck state can save you money.