Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

MattShizzle
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 12:14 pm

Anyone else really hate being away late? Not that I especially like going away period, but not being home by dark really annoys me.

29 May 2009, 12:35 pm

It used to bother me because it get past my shower time. But since I like staying up late anyway, i really don't care anymore because it doesn't make a difference if I am out late if I stay up late anyway. Also the fact I worked swing shift so I would shower at 11 so it didn't matter if I got home that late on my days off. I showered late anyway. Now I shower around 8:30 or 9:00. Sometimes it's later because I get lazy because I am so preoccupied with the computer and my stories I don't want to stop.

I'd rather not be out late on my work nights because I have to get up early the next day and I sure don't want to shower late. I want to give my hair some time for it to dry before I go to bed. I hate hair dryers.

sbcmetroguy
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 12:40 pm

Sometimes when I have to drive into the city to get food or something and it's really late, I find that I really like it. It is more peaceful than being out in the daytime. If not for the fact that my city turns into a lawless cesspool at night, I could see working a graveyard shift somewhere just so I could be out really late. I prefer taking my trash down to the curb around midnight because it's so peaceful outside at that time.

CelticGoddess
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 12:44 pm

It depends on where I am when it's late. One thing I love about the middle of the night is what SBC mentioned, how quiet it is. I love there's not a ton of traffic zipping by and places aren't crowded. I like that when it's nice weather. If the weather is crap, or it's winter, I prefer being home before dark.

AnnaLemma
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 May 2009, 12:45 pm

Sure do. One of my body's non-negotiables is asleep at 9pm. I am up at 4:30-5am, regardless, so if I don't get to bed at the "right" time, I am a sleep-deprived wreck and take days to get back to normal. A few nights ago we had to be out late. I get a headache, get cranky, and the world just seems wrong. I hate pouring the energy into fighting my body. I fell asleep during the movie and again on the drive home.

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 1:53 pm

I'm a morning person. I'm not good company at the best of times, but after eight o'clock in the evening, I'm hopeless. I just want to retire into my shell (or my flat) when darkness falls.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 1:57 pm

Mosty it won't bother me, but if it will interfear (spelling?) with what I usually do at night, then I might not be happy about it.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

BadPuddle
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 May 2009, 2:33 pm

I like to have everything done by 6pm so my time is my own and at 10pm, I like to be propped up in bed reading, ready to drift off. I'm far more flexible about what time I get up, so my ideal 6am start can be stretched out a bit to something more like 9am!
I think it's just because I see the day as broken up into segments, and 'night' starts at 10pm.

millie
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 4:24 pm

wake up around 4 am. go to bed around 7.30 -8pm and sometimes wake and post here on WP or do some emailing.

i tend to follow the sun - like an animal.

at one time I was a nocturnal creature - but this was chemically induced and related and had little to do with my "natural state."

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 4:38 pm

I often take midnight walks (though mostly around 2-3am), I like the feeling of desolation it gives when there's no one on the streets, hardly any cars, just the traffic lights blinking and the freedom to make completely random gestures and walk however I want.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 4:50 pm

with not understanding time and numbers,am not given the chance to get stuck into a routine based on specific times,so couldn't be less bothered by being out late,and in fact,prefer it when its dark because there's less sensory overload,and if its been a hot day,the fresh air that dark brings is awesome,lying on smooth concrete and looking up under the racing path of resident bats are a bonus,none of that rabies crap here.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 4:54 pm

Yes, but mostly because I fear my safety.
For some reason I'm a creep magnet.

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 5:00 pm

1234 wrote:
Yes, but mostly because I fear my safety.
For some reason I'm a creep magnet.

You just need someone to fend them off. :wink:

Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 5:49 pm

If only I could find such a person^_-

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 5:51 pm

AnnaLemma wrote:
Sure do. One of my body's non-negotiables is asleep at 9pm. I am up at 4:30-5am, regardless, so if I don't get to bed at the "right" time, I am a sleep-deprived wreck and take days to get back to normal. A few nights ago we had to be out late. I get a headache, get cranky, and the world just seems wrong. I hate pouring the energy into fighting my body. I fell asleep during the movie and again on the drive home.

Same here, but I am the other way around, almost nocturnal.

I love being out late. I don't know why but I have a certain affinity with the night.

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 5:53 pm

1234 wrote:
If only I could find such a person^_-

Maybe you already have. 8)