Final Fantasy VII - Rated Teen for PSP and PS3

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

mickaelx99
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Jun 2009, 11:46 am

http://www.destructoid.com/final-fantas ... 4166.phtml

Wait for it. Wait for it. There! Did you hear it? It was the collective squeal of thousands of Final Fantasy fanboys. The ESRB has let slip a little information that Sony was probably hoping to drop on us at their E3 conference. The listing shows Final Fantasy VII for the PS3 and the PSP, so it looks like FFVII on the go is Go. Hell, they might even be planning to drop the game on Tuesday, the day of their press conference, which would be a nice little surprise.

Obviously, rumors have been flying for a while that Square Enix would be re-releasing FFVII in one format or another. The game is the RPG that made Final Fantasy the name it is today and Square Enix has whored it out to no end. Why it took this long to get it out for download is beyond me. There's no word if anything is going to be revamped graphically or gameplay-wise, but we do know that it will be rated Teen for comic mischief, mild fantasy violence and mild language. If you've popped the game in recently, you're probably hoping they've done a bit of a graphical overhaul, as Cloud's Popeye-like arms are pretty hilarious in this day and age.

Mikhaillost
Toucan
Toucan

01 Jun 2009, 12:46 pm

OH my god. Final Fantasy Seven is my favourite game ever. I know every nook and cranny of that game. (I can draw any area of the game from memory, even the tiniest optional places) I have played it so many times. <3<3<3 I am so happy (I am getting a job so I should be able to afford a PSP)

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2009, 2:32 pm

Likely it's just emulating the PSX original.

ViperaAspis
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2009, 3:30 pm

<-- SQUEEEEEEEL!

Yay!

ihitterdal
Toucan
Toucan

01 Jun 2009, 4:17 pm

Meh. The game was decent but overrated. Play it again and tell me that you don't agree with at least one part of the X-Play "Your Childhood Sucks" video for FF7.

kalantir
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2009, 6:01 pm

ihitterdal wrote:
Meh. The game was decent but overrated.

I couldn't agree more. It had nice character development, and a decent amount of minigames... but most of the minigames were kinda lame. The story was decent, but not spectacular, and certainly not 100% original like so many would like to believe. All in all, I think I'd rather see a remake of FFVI or FFIV with added fmv sequences and 3d graphics. Now THAT would be amazing.

Also, I'm assuming they're going to beef up the graphics or add extra content or something right? I mean, otherwise there's no point in releasing it on PS3 since PS3's can play the original PSX copy.

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2009, 9:24 pm

ihitterdal wrote:

I agree.

I must add this game was on sale in the Japanese PS Store months ago. That's not new.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2009, 10:03 pm

kalantir wrote:
ihitterdal wrote:

I couldn't agree more. It had nice character development, and a decent amount of minigames... but most of the minigames were kinda lame. The story was decent, but not spectacular, and certainly not 100% original like so many would like to believe. All in all, I think I'd rather see a remake of FFVI or FFIV with added fmv sequences and 3d graphics. Now THAT would be amazing.

Also, I'm assuming they're going to beef up the graphics or add extra content or something right? I mean, otherwise there's no point in releasing it on PS3 since PS3's can play the original PSX copy.

Agreed. A remake of FFVI would be better than one of VII. But I think overall Square Enix do too many remakes as is, and should focus on original content.

I don't believe this is going to be a remake anyway. They are more likely just going to be releasing the original games as digital downloads.

marvelcrusader
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jun 2009, 5:38 am

Mere words cannot emphasize on how hyped I am for this release.

I digged FF7, hardcore.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2009, 4:49 pm

kalantir wrote:
...I think I'd rather see a remake of ... FFIV with added fmv sequences and 3d graphics. Now THAT would be amazing.

Already happened, and it's not that good IMO.

But then again, that might just be me...I've never seen the point in adding FMV and 3D graphics to everything. *shrugs*

kalantir
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2009, 3:19 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
kalantir wrote:
...I think I'd rather see a remake of ... FFIV with added fmv sequences and 3d graphics. Now THAT would be amazing.

Already happened, and it's not that good IMO.

They added a few short cutscenes, but they didn't make the game 3d by any means. I thought it was slightly better then the original because it was more balanced(being forced to grind is ret*d) and the sprites were a little bit more visually appealing.

Quote:
I've never seen the point in adding FMV and 3D graphics to everything. *shrugs*

Because everyone wants to see Rosa's boobs jiggle in 3D space! At least, that'd be my guess... Also, 3D games add another dimension(literally) to the player's interaction with the game. It's also a good way to get people to play them that ordinarily wouldn't

Gimmethecreeps

05 Jun 2009, 11:09 am

I'm still not getting a PS3.Image

Athlynne
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jun 2009, 4:25 pm

I'm completely unsurprised (and thrilled) to find a thread about FFVII, which I hugely adore. What is it about that game that gets our attention in particular? Other than Sephiroth, I mean... :)

ViperaAspis
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2009, 7:47 pm

Hmmm.... <thinks hard> ... Tifa maybe? In her outfit, she always reminded me of a "Hooters" girl. Just missing the Owl.

kalantir
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2009, 8:06 am

Oh btw... it's the same as the original psx version. Just thought maybe you guys would want to know that. It's a downloadable content thing on the PS3, so if you already own it there's no point.