Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

KittenWithAWhip
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2009, 5:23 pm

Perambulator wrote:
deadeyexx wrote:
I can't agree that nice guys finish last. However cowards definately do. Some people who claim themselves to be "nice" are often just timid & avoid conflict at all costs. They begin to believe being a push-over is the nice thing to do.

I know assertive, bold men who are great guys & will always help a friend in need. Nice as can be. Just not in that wimpy & unattractive way.

The problem is not cowardice. It's dullness. Men who are are not witty or capable of imaginatively and spontaneously finding appropriate subjects in unpredictable situations in conversation will usually not get the girl. Most men with Asperger's syndrome are like that and that should be obvious by reading the symptoms of the condition.

I don't know, Perambulator. I think deadeyexx is right. Cowardice is a strong word, but fear does play a big part in the relationship forum, so to speak. A guy might be more afraid that he's dull, therefore doesn't even make the effort to try. The fear comes first, though. I have rather limited experience, but if a guy is sincere, no matter how awkward, that weighs in far heavier than witty banter or flirting ever could. A guy that wants to know more about me, couldn't possibly be dull when he has such exquisite taste. :hail: harharhar

CelticGoddess
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2009, 6:29 pm

^ :lol: But you do have a point. Sincerity is what I've always been attracted to first. There are other attributes that follow afterwards but I don't put up with BS.

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2009, 7:36 am

lotusblossom wrote:
Personally I like 'nice guys', I think most women do.

All the married women I know are married to nice guys.

I find 'jerkiness' and a lack of honor and integrity most off putting.

I also think it is quite hard to find a nice guy as a lot of people are not nice but really quite nasty.
You have some key points right there. Most "nice guys" only think they are nice but lack the ability to evaluate themselves from different viewpoints. In reality, even if you think you are the nicest person in the world, it could be you are simply not perceived as one. Go through your actions in your mind and be clear on how they look seen from other people.